Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

iPad camera connection kit - will not access jpeg from SD or Micro SD

This is a discussion on iPad camera connection kit - will not access jpeg from SD or Micro SD within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hi. Has anyone had success importing photos from an SD card via the Camera Connection kit? I have tried with a micro SD (using adaptor, ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    61788
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32

    iPad camera connection kit - will not access jpeg from SD or Micro SD

    Hi. Has anyone had success importing photos from an SD card via the Camera Connection kit? I have tried with a micro SD (using adaptor, of course) and with regular SD card, but neither Camera nor Photo app open immediately, and when I go into them, I don't see an option for importing photos. It looks like this was really easy to do on an iPad, but maybe challenging on iPad2?

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    72622
    Liked
    27 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    816
    already discussed and discussing, please search forum.

    unless you are not jailbroken, and this is just an issue you are having.
    Waiting for that “Next Thing” means you’d never buy anything.

  4. #3
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    49414
    Liked
    467 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,128
    Hi Denise - as already posted, there are many previous threads & posts on this topic - so, you may want to do some searching.

    Also, provide some additional information concerning the SD cards being used, i.e. are these taken directly from a digital camera or are these cards onto which you have loaded JPEG images?

    On a standard camera card, a DCIM folder stores the images plus other formatting may be needed for the Camera Connection Kit to recognize that the storage card contains images from a digital camera.

    I find this a PITA myself in that I can get the SD cards from my cameras to bring up the images, but pics stored on other non-camera SD cards (even if I create a DCIM folder) do not work!

  5. #4
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    61788
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by giradman
    Hi Denise - as already posted, there are many previous threads & posts on this topic - so, you may want to do some searching.

    Also, provide some additional information concerning the SD cards being used, i.e. are these taken directly from a digital camera or are these cards onto which you have loaded JPEG images?

    On a standard camera card, a DCIM folder stores the images plus other formatting may be needed for the Camera Connection Kit to recognize that the storage card contains images from a digital camera.

    I find this a PITA myself in that I can get the SD cards from my cameras to bring up the images, but pics stored on other non-camera SD cards (even if I create a DCIM folder) do not work!
    Thank you! I have started looking but was frightened by some of the notes I was reading that referred to a 'Jailbreak' action (which I don't really want to do).
    The pictures are from my cell phone, and I know that they're not in a DCIM folder at this moment, which is perhaps why they are not being detected.
    Thank you, I will try to move them to a DCIM directory and see what happens!

  6. #5
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    66268
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseB View Post
    Thank you! I have started looking but was frightened by some of the notes I was reading that referred to a 'Jailbreak' action (which I don't really want to do).
    The pictures are from my cell phone, and I know that they're not in a DCIM folder at this moment, which is perhaps why they are not being detected.
    Thank you, I will try to move them to a DCIM directory and see what happens!
    I am curious to see if you can make that work. I was trying to do the same but didn't think of moving them to the DCIM folder. However I can read from my point and shoot by either USB connection or from the SD card with the CCK.

  7. #6
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    28530
    Liked
    1526 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walla Walla, WA
    Posts
    15,436
    If the phone has a micro-USB port, try using the CCK and a micro-USB to USB cable to plug the phone into the iPad. This works for some phones, and should not hurt anything to try.

  8. #7
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    66268
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by twerppoet View Post
    If the phone has a micro-USB port, try using the CCK and a micro-USB to USB cable to plug the phone into the iPad. This works for some phones, and should not hurt anything to try.
    I tried that with my Atrix and it gave an error message of requiring too much power.


    DeniseB, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.

  9. #8
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    61788
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee
    I tried that with my Atrix and it gave an error message of requiring too much power.

    DeniseB, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.
    No problem! (the hijack )
    So... I found a card that had been formatted by a camera and it worked like magic.... So I just have to figure out how to get my cell phone pics into the right folder.

    I love you guys!

  10. #9
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    27034
    Liked
    5 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gettysburg, Pa
    Posts
    1,232
    Quick tip:
    The name of the pics need to be named img_9999 format under dcim folder. 9999 can represent any 4digit#.

  11. #10
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    49414
    Liked
    467 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseB View Post
    No problem! (the hijack )
    So... I found a card that had been formatted by a camera and it worked like magic.... So I just have to figure out how to get my cell phone pics into the right folder.
    Denise - I transferred some images via my Vista laptop to the DCIM folder of a camera SD (the computer has an SD slot - used Windows Explorer) - once in the folder, I simply looked at the other pics there and renamed the added ones w/ the same type labeling just changing the last number - these imported into the iPad w/o a problem - kind of a pain but it did work!

    Good luck -


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. can a laptop/netbook access the internet via iPad 3g connection?
    By dracon in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM
  2. iPad Camera Connection Kit ?
    By NITROFC in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 09:40 AM
  3. JPGs from camera don't load w/ camera access.
    By slothead in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 12:31 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 10:56 AM
  5. Camera Connection Kit with Panasonic LX3 Digital Camera
    By Atwell in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 08:35 AM

Search tags for this page

ipad 4 doesnt recognize photos on sd card

,

ipad camera connection kit jpg

,

ipad mini connection kit dcim

,

ipad mini does not recognize photos on the sd card

,

ipad not importing micro sd photos

,

ipad4 does not recognise micro sd card

,
miro sd card not recognised by ipad
,

photos not loading from micro sd to ipad

Click on a term to search for related topics.