Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

iPad 2 User In Indonesia

This is a discussion on iPad 2 User In Indonesia within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Can anyone help me ? I live in Indonesia. I activated Axis sim card to send / receive email from my iPad 2. FYI : ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    17246
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    33

    iPad 2 User In Indonesia

    Can anyone help me ?

    I live in Indonesia. I activated Axis sim card to send / receive email from my iPad 2.
    FYI : I have 2 emails, yahoo and other is a local one : Centrin
    There is no problem to send or receive email from Yahoo account. But is is a problem to send an email from Centrin, as I have to write down the outgoing server in the setting area. I don't know the outgoing server for centrin if I wanna use it with Axis sim card.

    Please help me ....

    Your help is much appreciated.

    Thanks ....

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

    Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

    Have fun and enjoy your iPad

    For your Centrin account the settings are

    smtp.centrin.net.id

    If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

    Apple - Support - Manuals

    Please read the rules too!!

    Forum rules - everybody please read!!

    Tim
    Scotland

  4. #3
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    17246
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    33
    Hi Tim,

    Thanks a lot and appreciated your reply.

    It's still failed and did not work out when I use smtp.centrin.net.id as an outgoing email's server.
    FYI : I use Axis sim card.

    Thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

    Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

    Have fun and enjoy your iPad

    For your Centrin account the settings are

    smtp.centrin.net.id

    If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

    Apple - Support - Manuals

    Please read the rules too!!

    Forum rules - everybody please read!!

    Tim
    Scotland

  5. #4
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    OK - the SMTP address is OK, but you've probably got the Port set to the default 25 and most ISPs don't allow Port 25 relays. You'll need to enable SSL and switch the port number to 465, use your email address as your login and your receive email password as the SSL password.

    You can usually only use a Port 25 SMTP address when you're on your home ADSL (broadband) network.

    I find it's often easier to set up a completely new account for SSL, get it working first, then delete the old Port 25 account. Editing email accounts on the iPad can be 'confusing'.

    Let us know if you need any more help..that's what we're here for...

    Tim

  6. #5
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    17246
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN
    OK - the SMTP address is OK, but you've probably got the Port set to the default 25 and most ISPs don't allow Port 25 relays. You'll need to enable SSL and switch the port number to 465, use your email address as your login and your receive email password as the SSL password.

    You can usually only use a Port 25 SMTP address when you're on your home ADSL (broadband) network.

    I find it's often easier to set up a completely new account for SSL, get it working first, then delete the old Port 25 account. Editing email accounts on the iPad can be 'confusing'.

    Let us know if you need any more help..that's what we're here for...

    Tim
    Hi Tim,

    Thx a lot. Appreciated your prompt reply !

    It's still failed.

    FYI : I use iPhone with Telkomsel simcard. For outgoing server I use

  7. #6
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    The end of your post was lost - if you let me know that last part I'll try and help.

    Tim

  8. #7
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    17246
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN
    OK - the SMTP address is OK, but you've probably got the Port set to the default 25 and most ISPs don't allow Port 25 relays. You'll need to enable SSL and switch the port number to 465, use your email address as your login and your receive email password as the SSL password.

    You can usually only use a Port 25 SMTP address when you're on your home ADSL (broadband) network.

    I find it's often easier to set up a completely new account for SSL, get it working first, then delete the old Port 25 account. Editing email accounts on the iPad can be 'confusing'.

    Let us know if you need any more help..that's what we're here for...

    Tim
    Hi Tim,

    Thanks.

    But it's still failed.

    FYI : I use iPhone with Telkomsel sim card. For outgoing server I use mail.telkomsel.com and it's succeed.

    VinVan

  9. #8
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    So you currently have it set to SSL, with your username set to your email address, the password set to the password you use for receiving email and the port number set to 465? Do you receive an error message from the Mail app? Or does the mail just sit in the OutBox?

    Tim

  10. #9
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    17246
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN
    So you currently have it set to SSL, with your username set to your email address, the password set to the password you use for receiving email and the port number set to 465? Do you receive an error message from the Mail app? Or does the mail just sit in the OutBox?

    Tim
    Yes, I have set it SSL, with my username and the password set to the password for receiving email. The port number is 465. The email just sit in the outbox. No error signed.

  11. #10
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    OK - I've contacted Centrin and they tell me that they only support SSL for corporate customers. For domestic customers (I'm presuming that's what you are) there is no SSL and they only support Port 25 with no SSL and they don't allow Port 25 relay.

    I have the same problem in the UK with my ISP who also doesn't support SSL. So I simply have set up a 'hybrid' account. I receive email using POP or IMAP from my ISP's server but I sent my email via gmail - because gmail is (a) free and (b) supports SSL. It works just fine. This may be a solution for you too.

    If you don't have a gmail account you can set one up for free and then simply use the incoming gmail and forward it to your Centrin account and use the gmail SSL SMTP settings to send your mail. It works fine for me and I use it even when I'm on my home ADSL broadband network.

    Tim


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Ipad jakarta, Indonesia
    By passenger in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 10:22 PM
  2. Indonesia Paradise - Mobile Indonesia Tourism Guide
    By dewa_emperor in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 02:13 AM
  3. iPad in Bali, Indonesia
    By ClarityQueen in forum iPad Carriers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 04:58 AM
  4. Hi, I'm from Indonesia...
    By demetrius_md in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 12:48 PM
  5. I am from Indonesia and People here very serious waiting 4 their 1st ipad.
    By orisonmarden in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 02:10 PM

Search tags for this page

axis indonesia outgoing mail server
,

forum ipad 2 indonesia

,
how to setting centrin email on ipad
,
outgoing mail server smtp centrin
,
outgoing mail server telkomsel flash
,
seting outgoing mail server centrin di ipad
,
setting centrin di ipad
,
setting email centrin di ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.