This iPad 2 is my first Apple device. I've managed to find the answers to most of my questions, but there are still some things I need help with.
- When typing, how do I enter a tab character? Is there a way to Undo without going to the second keyboard?
- I know how to Select a word, or Select All, but is there a fast way to select a line or a sentence? ("faster" than dragging the handles)
- If I want to close the current app (not just switch to something else) I have to press the Home key, then press it twice more to bring up the Recent apps, then hold an icon to make them jiggle, then close the one I want. Is there a faster way?
- Similarly, is there a way to close the current window in Safari without displaying all the open windows first?
- You know how most Windows apps have a Help feature on their menus? Is there anything like that on the iPad?
- All of the other computers on my home network are Windows. I can't see the iPad on the network, and I don't know how to see the network on the iPad. Can it be done? How can I trade files, or play videos across machines?
- this iPad does not have a 3G connection, so i'm frequently off-line. Is there a version of the iPad Guide that I can download and read later?
I've got more, but i've overstayed my welcome already. Thanks for your help!