Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

E mail

This is a discussion on E mail within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I am in Europe. I have wi fi. I can,t receive mail on my me.com account but I can send. Any ideas? I have tried ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: E mail

  1. #1
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    71526
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    E mail

    I am in Europe. I have wi fi. I can,t receive mail on my me.com account but I can send. Any ideas? I have tried to go to me.com and doit that way, but it won,t let me sign in. Tells me I need a paid membership which of course I already have.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Quote Originally Posted by grungetta View Post
    I am in Europe. I have wi fi. I can,t receive mail on my me.com account but I can send. Any ideas? I have tried to go to me.com and doit that way, but it won,t let me sign in. Tells me I need a paid membership which of course I already have.
    Does your iPad provide you with an error message? I'm wondering what actually happens when you try to receive email?

    One possible quick suggestion - it probably won't work, but it does sometimes, is to completely close the Mail app. Double-click to Home button to open up the multitask bar. Press and hold any icon in the multi-task area until they start to jiggle. Now close the Mail app completely by touching the 'X' on the top left hand corner. Now press the Home key again to close the multi-task bar and try again. If this doesn't work, get back to us and we'll give you some more suggestions.

    Good Luck...and enjoy Europe....

    Tim

  4. #3
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    71526
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN

    Does your iPad provide you with an error message? I'm wondering what actually happens when you try to receive email?

    One possible quick suggestion - it probably won't work, but it does sometimes, is to completely close the Mail app. Double-click to Home button to open up the multitask bar. Press and hold any icon in the multi-task area until they start to jiggle. Now close the Mail app completely by touching the 'X' on the top left hand corner. Now press the Home key again to close the multi-task bar and try again. If this doesn't work, get back to us and we'll give you some more suggestions.

    Good Luck...and enjoy Europe....

    Tim
    Hi Tim
    The mail icon cannot be closed. There is no X on the top of this or any of the apps such as Safari, Calendar etc.

    This is especially annoying as I am in fact working! I have a conference group aboard a riverboat!

    Thanks
    B.

  5. #4
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Quote Originally Posted by grungetta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN

    Does your iPad provide you with an error message? I'm wondering what actually happens when you try to receive email?

    One possible quick suggestion - it probably won't work, but it does sometimes, is to completely close the Mail app. Double-click to Home button to open up the multitask bar. Press and hold any icon in the multi-task area until they start to jiggle. Now close the Mail app completely by touching the 'X' on the top left hand corner. Now press the Home key again to close the multi-task bar and try again. If this doesn't work, get back to us and we'll give you some more suggestions.

    Good Luck...and enjoy Europe....

    Tim
    Hi Tim
    The mail icon cannot be closed. There is no X on the top of this or any of the apps such as Safari, Calendar etc.

    This is especially annoying as I am in fact working! I have a conference group aboard a riverboat!

    Thanks
    B.
    You're pressing and holding an app icon in the multi-task bar? You have to press it for a couple of seconds. What happens?

    Tim

  6. #5
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    71526
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    Actually I just tried it again. It comes up with a minus sign, not an X. I did this and reopened mail but with no luck. If I could get into my mail through me.com that would be fine but as I said, that won't work either..

  7. #6
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    OK - sorry, yes it's a '-' sign.

    Back to one of the questions I asked earlier. What actually happens when you try to receive mail? What error message do you get? Does it hang when you try to receive mail by pressing the 'refresh' button in the iPad's Mail app (the circular arrow symbol that's towards the bottom left hand edge of the screen)?

    Tim

  8. #7
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    71526
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    I don't a message - it just hangs. If I try to refresh the wheel just keeps on turning!

  9. #8
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Quote Originally Posted by grungetta View Post
    I don't a message - it just hangs. If I try to refresh the wheel just keeps on turning!
    OK - you can tell I'm stalling for time

    You were able to receive emails on me.com until you went away and now, since you went away, the problem has started and you've not changed any settings in email, no passwords, account names etc? I'm truly puzzled because it's usually the case that Members have problems when they're away sending mail and not receiving it...

    Could you tell me your me.com settings? (please, of course, no account names or passwords), I'm looking for POP or IMAP, port numbers etc....

    Sorry it's taking so long - but (for me) the hardest problems are the most interesting....

    Tim

  10. #9
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    71526
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    Sorry Tim
    I am having a brain freeze! Where do I find my me.com settings?

  11. #10
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    71526
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    P.S.
    I was able to receive in Zurich, but not since then.
    Bridget


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Multiple e-mail on iPad 2 mail application
    By Adi Suargana in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 11:11 PM
  2. How do I sync Apple Mail with IPad Mail?
    By rthorson in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
  3. How to colapse or delete mail folders in MAIL
    By CHRISDW in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 03:43 AM
  4. Ipad mail keeps mail server open
    By di p in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 03:12 AM
  5. Tapping contacts in e-mail freezes e-mail
    By boaterbob in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 10:33 PM

Search tags for this page

apple yahoo 993 port time out ipad -mac
,

e-mailing on a i-pad to europe

,
getting ipad mail to work in europe
,
ipad doesn't receive email
,
press send key on ipad in yahoo mail
,
send receive mail button ipad
,
where is the send receive button on ipad
,
yahoo email hung on ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.