Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Sound in Video App Not Working

This is a discussion on Sound in Video App Not Working within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I recently added a couple of movie to my iPad (The Dark Knight, Bourne Ultimatum, and Die Hard). , But whenever I open the movie ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    64442
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70

    Question Sound in Video App Not Working

    I recently added a couple of movie to my iPad (The Dark Knight, Bourne Ultimatum, and Die Hard). , But whenever I open the movie from the videos app there is no sound in any of the movies. 5 minutes into it a sound that sounds like TV static will come on for short blips periodically.

    This happens to all of the movies I wan to put on my iPad. The sound works great on the rest of my iPad and in every single app it is perfect. I knnow theres nothing wrong with the movies because they play fine on itunes.

    I've already restarted it and synced multiple times. Any tips would b great. I just hope theat I dont have to send it to apple or even have to restore. Thanks.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    42186
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    765
    At a guess, i would say it is an issue with the audio codec being used, as the pc/mac can play a wider range of codecs

    I bleed in 6 colours

  4. #3
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    64442
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70

    Question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wytey View Post
    At a guess, i would say it is an issue with the audio codec being used, as the pc/mac can play a wider range of codecs

    I bleed in 6 colours

    So what does that mean? .... I have no idea what you just said.

  5. #4
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    64442
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70
    PS- the videos are in . mp4 format and were ripped off DVDs with WINx DVD Ripper Platinum

  6. #5
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    42186
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by xhuntercx

    So what does that mean? .... I have no idea what you just said.
    Videos use 2 codecs, 1 for video and 1 for audio, there are numerous codecs availble, most if not all will play on a pc, however, only a few will work on the native ipad app.

    The fact that the videos play fine on the pc means that the ipad does not like the audio codec

    Trying downloading a video from the itunes app on the ipad, say a podcast, and see if that plays fine, if it does, then it is definately a problem with the audio codec, if not then try reinstalling the movie app or see if it does the same with a diff video app

    What audio bitrate are you using? As it could be too high

    I bleed in 6 colours

  7. #6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    64442
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70

    Thanks

    I understand it alot better now. Thanks. I'll try what you said.

  8. #7
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    64442
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by wytey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xhuntercx

    So what does that mean? .... I have no idea what you just said.
    Videos use 2 codecs, 1 for video and 1 for audio, there are numerous codecs availble, most if not all will play on a pc, however, only a few will work on the native ipad app.

    The fact that the videos play fine on the pc means that the ipad does not like the audio codec

    Trying downloading a video from the itunes app on the ipad, say a podcast, and see if that plays fine, if it does, then it is definately a problem with the audio codec, if not then try reinstalling the movie app or see if it does the same with a diff video app

    What audio bitrate are you using? As it could be too high

    I bleed in 6 colours

    Now that I downloaded a movie directly from iTunes I can hear the audio but it is impossible to hear clearly because. there is the horrible static in the background. I now there is nothing wrong with the "codec" because It played on my iPod touch.

    Any more help would be appreciated...

  9. #8
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    42186
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by xhuntercx

    Now that I downloaded a movie directly from iTunes I can hear the audio but it is impossible to hear clearly because. there is the horrible static in the background. I now there is nothing wrong with the "codec" because It played on my iPod touch.

    Any more help would be appreciated...
    Now that is strange.... I am as stumped as you now

    I bleed in 6 colours


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. video sound out to car stereo
    By westman in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 10:18 PM
  2. Airplay Video and Sound
    By RAC in forum AirPlay
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 02:21 PM
  3. Youtube has sound but no video
    By dan.ostler in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 04:23 AM
  4. Video has sound but no picture
    By Nicking in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 03:49 PM
  5. Ipad sound but no video when connected to TV
    By Ghostontheline in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 12:25 AM

Search tags for this page

ipad video sound not working

,
iphone sound is not working for movies
,
only sound works on instagram
,
sound on videos not working ipad
,
videos not playing sound on ipad
,
why doesnt sound work on ipad for video on links on facebook or huffington post
,
why is the sound not working on the times app?
,
why sound does not play on videos on ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.