Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

How to add folders for emails

This is a discussion on How to add folders for emails within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; How to add folders to organise email messages? The Move operation on ipad2 does not seem to allow many options! Still, I just love this ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    55467
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7

    How to add folders for emails

    How to add folders to organise email messages? The Move operation on ipad2 does not seem to allow many options!
    Still, I just love this sleek piece of technology.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    28530
    Liked
    1523 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walla Walla, WA
    Posts
    15,431
    Depending on the type of email provider (must be IMAP or Exchange) you can add new folders on the server, and they will automatically sync to the iPad. You'll have to create the folders in the web client, or a computer program (make sure they aren't local).

    Once I had to delete and re-add the account on my iPad to make it work, but never since. I was probably just not patient enough.

  4. #3
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    55467
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thank you for the reply. This does not seem to work with my webmail account, which is a .pop email address via SFR in France.
    Not IMAP?

  5. #4
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Quote Originally Posted by nfcourse View Post
    Thank you for the reply. This does not seem to work with my webmail account, which is a .pop email address via SFR in France.
    Not IMAP?
    Are you sure that SFR doesn't support IMAP? POP is a legacy email protocol and most service providers now have IMAP. A POP account cannot provide you with folders on the iPad, so it would be worth checking to be certain you cannot use IMAP.

    Tim

  6. #5
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    55467
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7
    Hi Tim, I've just come back to this thread after several months of using gmail .... Still not ideal.
    I now have IOS 5 , and I have read that one can create folders on the iPad .

    You are right that SFR supports IMAP, both that and POP are activated according to my settings on their webmail (actually a cegetel server, which is an acquisition by SFR).
    However when I try to create an IMAP account on iPad , the settings show only POP account details, and allow only pop.cegetel.fr as the parameters. I've even created new email accounts on SFR to try to set up new IMAP accounts on iPad , but without success.

    Do you have any ideas for me?

  7. #6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    121898
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterrey, Mx
    Posts
    57
    If you use gmail, you can create folders in the account, using a pc... But, look, download this app: eMailGanizer Is for iPhone, but works in iPad too. Here you can create folders for Gmail, Yahoo, and other accounts, witouth use a pc. And you can go to iPad Mail, and see the folders inmediatly.
    VG (fallaces sunt rerum species)

  8. #7
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    55467
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by vgorena View Post
    If you use gmail, you can create folders in the account, using a pc... But, look, download this app: eMailGanizer Is for iPhone, but works in iPad too. Here you can create folders for Gmail, Yahoo, and other accounts, witouth use a pc. And you can go to iPad Mail, and see the folders inmediatly.
    Thank you for your suggestion. I tried eMailGanizer, but frankly I didn't find it very user-friendly.
    However I've at last succeeded in getting the IPad Mail programme to accept IMAP settings, and it syncs beautifully to the SFR web mail folders. At last!
    The trick is to remove the POP accounts on iPad and then re-create them as IMAP accounts.

  9. #8
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    55467
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by nfcourse View Post
    Hi Tim, I've just come back to this thread after several months of using gmail .... Still not ideal.
    I now have IOS 5 , and I have read that one can create folders on the iPad .

    You are right that SFR supports IMAP, both that and POP are activated according to my settings on their webmail (actually a cegetel server, which is an acquisition by SFR).
    However when I try to create an IMAP account on iPad , the settings show only POP account details, and allow only pop.cegetel.fr as the parameters. I've even created new email accounts on SFR to try to set up new IMAP accounts on iPad , but without success.

    Do you have any ideas for me?
    Tim,

    I've at last succeeded in getting the IPad Mail programme to accept IMAP settings, and it syncs beautifully to the SFR web mail folders. At last!
    The trick is to remove the POP accounts on iPad and then re-create them as IMAP accounts.
    Thanks for your interest.

  10. #9
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    55467
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7
    Tim,

    I've at last succeeded in getting the IPad Mail program to accept IMAP settings, and it syncs beautifully with the SFR folders on the server. The trick is to remove the POP accounts on iPad and then re-create them as IMAP accounts.
    Thanks for you interest.

    Nfcourse.

  11. #10
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    82526
    Liked
    282 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by nfcourse
    Tim,

    I've at last succeeded in getting the IPad Mail program to accept IMAP settings, and it syncs beautifully with the SFR folders on the server. The trick is to remove the POP accounts on iPad and then re-create them as IMAP accounts.
    Thanks for you interest.

    Nfcourse.
    How does one do this?
    MJ
    A mistake is simply another way of doing things.



Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. sync outlook emails and ipad emails
    By KDA in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 10:57 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 02:43 PM
  3. Emails... Where did they go???
    By Tpow in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 10:28 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 10:00 PM
  5. Folders within folders for photos
    By tdickerson21 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Search tags for this page

how do i add a folder within yahoo on my ipad 2

,
how do i add a new folder in outlook on ipad
,

how do you create folders in outlook on ipad?

,
how do you create new folder on ipad in outlook
,

how to creat new folders in mail on ipad

,
how to create a new folder in yahoo mail on ipad
,

how to set up email folders on ipad 2

,
move emails within ipad 1
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread