Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

SKYPE, no outgoing sound, iPAD Wireless only

This is a discussion on SKYPE, no outgoing sound, iPAD Wireless only within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; When doing the test call with Skype I can here the operator's voice (incoming) but not mine (outgoing). I cannot find any settings to address ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    54156
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3

    SKYPE, no outgoing sound, iPAD Wireless only

    When doing the test call with Skype I can here the operator's voice (incoming) but not mine (outgoing).
    I cannot find any settings to address this!?

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Several members have had this problem and the 'cure' below seems to work (but also check you haven't got the Skype 'Mute' control activated!)


    The easiest first way to try to solve ‘unexplained’ or ‘unusual’ problems with the iPad are:-

    Force the offending app to close. If you have iOS 4.2 or 4.3 double-press the ‘Home’ button to bring up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. Press *and hold* any icon until they start to ‘jiggle’. Then tap the top left-hand corner of the app that you want to close. It will ‘disappear’ from the list. Don’t panic - you’ve not deleted it, just closed it. Now tap the Home screen and the multi-task bar will disappear. Re-open the iPad’s app and see if the problem has resolved itself. If not, it’s on to possible solution number two!!
    Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’. Most Forum members have found that one of the two methods I’ve mentioned here cure a whole bunch of unexplained problems and are an easy first step to resolving most anything that happens on the iPad.

    Tim
    Scotland

  4. #3
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    54156
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3
    Solution 1 did not help however, solution 2 did!
    Thank you very much, Tim.

  5. #4
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    152160
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1
    I have an iPad 2 with the new iOS and the latest version of Skype which has this issue - no outgoing audio. Neither of these solutions works, and it is not the Skype mute. Anyone have any more ideas?

  6. #5
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    165671
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    I am a new user and haven't found out how to ask a question yet, but I have the same problem with Skype and now Facebook. I have powered down and deleted the skype app and reinstalled. Both used to work fine. I don't have the mute button on.

  7. #6
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    108678
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN
    Several members have had this problem and the 'cure' below seems to work (but also check you haven't got the Skype 'Mute' control activated!)

    The easiest first way to try to solve ‘unexplained’ or ‘unusual’ problems with the iPad are:-

    Force the offending app to close. If you have iOS 4.2 or 4.3 double-press the ‘Home’ button to bring up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. Press *and hold* any icon until they start to ‘jiggle’. Then tap the top left-hand corner of the app that you want to close. It will ‘disappear’ from the list. Don’t panic - you’ve not deleted it, just closed it. Now tap the Home screen and the multi-task bar will disappear. Re-open the iPad’s app and see if the problem has resolved itself. If not, it’s on to possible solution number two!!
    Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’. Most Forum members have found that one of the two methods I’ve mentioned here cure a whole bunch of unexplained problems and are an easy first step to resolving most anything that happens on the iPad.

    Tim
    Scotland
    I've been having this sound problem several times.. I missed my teacher's calls a lot and it kind of frustrating me. Sometimes i have to wait several hours in front of the ipad just to make to sure that i don't miss any of those calls ( and end up, not being called, hahaha ) But at the same time, i don't want to waste my time waiting..
    I think i've tried solution number one but nothing changed. I'm going to try solution number two. I'll let you know if it works.
    Thanks man..

    Melati
    Malaysia

  8. #7
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    307554
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2

    Where does the app go so I can find it again??????

    I tried the first solution but I can't find my app again????
    Frustrating!


    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN View Post
    Several members have had this problem and the 'cure' below seems to work (but also check you haven't got the Skype 'Mute' control activated!)


    The easiest first way to try to solve ‘unexplained’ or ‘unusual’ problems with the iPad are:-

    Force the offending app to close. If you have iOS 4.2 or 4.3 double-press the ‘Home’ button to bring up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. Press *and hold* any icon until they start to ‘jiggle’. Then tap the top left-hand corner of the app that you want to close. It will ‘disappear’ from the list. Don’t panic - you’ve not deleted it, just closed it. Now tap the Home screen and the multi-task bar will disappear. Re-open the iPad’s app and see if the problem has resolved itself. If not, it’s on to possible solution number two!!
    Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’. Most Forum members have found that one of the two methods I’ve mentioned here cure a whole bunch of unexplained problems and are an easy first step to resolving most anything that happens on the iPad.

    Tim
    Scotland

  9. #8
    Administrator
    Member #
    48665
    Liked
    945 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    23,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhay View Post
    I tried the first solution but I can't find my app again???? Frustrating!
    Did you close the app from the Multi task bar? Do you have lots of apps and folders and just having trouble finding it again?

    If you've done it from the main screen, you would have deleted it. Just do a Search for it......if on IOS7 swipe down on the middle of your screen to reveal the Search feature.....if on an earlier OS just press the home button twice or swipe as far to the right as you can go and the Search feature is found here. Type it in and it should appear. If not, then you have deleted it and will need to download it again. Hope this helps.

    Please read the Forum Rules
    iPad Air 128gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad 2 64gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad Mini 32gb Wifi/Cellular - iPhone 5 - Apple TV - MacBook Pro 15" - Time Capsule - Airport Express

  10. #9
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    307554
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2

    Re

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhay View Post
    I tried the first solution but I can't find my app again????
    Frustrating!
    I found something under purchased in the App Store. It's got a cloud next to it. If I click on it to download, does it use my 3G data or should I wait for hi fi connection? Thanks for your help.

  11. #10
    Administrator
    Member #
    48665
    Liked
    945 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    23,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhay View Post
    I found something under purchased in the App Store. It's got a cloud next to it. If I click on it to download, does it use my 3G data or should I wait for hi fi connection? Thanks for your help.
    Yes, it will use 3G data to download it again. I would wait until you are on wifi if you don't have a large data allowance.

    Let us know how you go when you do have a chance to download it again!

    Happy Holidays!

    Please read the Forum Rules
    iPad Air 128gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad 2 64gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad Mini 32gb Wifi/Cellular - iPhone 5 - Apple TV - MacBook Pro 15" - Time Capsule - Airport Express


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Change Display Name in OutGoing Email
    By naman919 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 05:15 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 05:00 AM
  3. No Sound on Skype
    By amyberta in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 10:24 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 12:32 AM

Search tags for this page

ipad skype audio not working
,
ipad skype has no sound
,
ipad skype no outgoing sound
,
no sound on apple ipad mini using skype
,

no sound skype ipad

,
no sound with skype on ipad
,

skype ipad no sound

,

skype ipad no voice

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread