So just recently my iPad2 stopped rotating when I am using it. If I open the smart cover while holding it in landscape it comes on in landscape. If I rotate it to portrait nothing happens. If I then close the smart cover and reopen it while holding it in portrait it will come on in portrait but will not rotate to landscape when twisted.
I've tried the obvious things:
1) Checked settings to see if lock button was set for rotate function and it was set for mute.
2) Double clicked the Home button and checked the multitasking menu to verify the lock rotate icon showed it was unlocked.
3) Activated the Lock Rotate button and graphic showed it was locked, activated again and it showed unlocked. Still won't rotate
4) Set physical switch on side to control screen rotation.
5) Activated the Lock Rotate switch and graphic showed it was locked, activated again and it showed unlocked. Still won't rotate
6) Put device to sleep in landscape. Rotated to portrait. Woke unit up, turned on in portrait. Would not rotate further when twisted.
7) Put device to sleep in portrait. Rotated to landscape. Woke unit up, turned on in landscape. Would not rotate further when twisted.
I've seen some reports of this on other forums, including one user who took it to an Apple store who said it had to be replaced. Just hoping someone has found a software fix for this.
I tried to find this topic already posted with the ipadforums.net app, but didn't see one, so if it's a dupe I apologize.