Import your VZW contacts to the iPad
This is a discussion on Import your VZW contacts to the iPad within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; As a new Whistle user, I was faced with the daunting task of moving 400+ numbers from my feature phone (LG envTouch) to the iPad ...
Import your VZW contacts to the iPad
As a new Whistle user, I was faced with the daunting task of moving 400+ numbers from my feature phone (LG envTouch) to the iPad contact app. After a bit of Googling, I found this process which worked for me.
Import contacts from Backup Assistant to Google Voice:
1. Log into Verizon's Backup Assistant.
2. Right above the box that shows your addresses, on the right side is an icon to show the contacts in list form. Choose that.
3. Click "Select All." This is below the icon you just pressed to get the contacts viewed as a list.
4. Click on the dropdown button directly to the right of the "Select All" button.
5. Click on "Export Contacts"
6. Choose the ".CSV" option
7. Save to a known folder location. Your contacts are now ready to import to Gmail
8. Log into your Gmail account (if you don't have one, make one. Get gmail on your phone too, if it isn't already there).
9. Once in your account, click on "Contacts" on the left side of the screen.
10. Click on "Import" on the right side of the screen
11. Click on "Browse" and look for the .csv file you've saved on your desktop
12. Click on "Import"
13. Look in your contacts on your phone and they will be there.
Sync your Gmail or Yahoo address book with the iPad's Contacts app.
1. Connect your iPad to your computer in the normal way as if you were going to sync it. iTunes will load.
2. Wait for the sync process to complete, then click the iPad's icon under "Devices" in the left-hand column.
3. You'll see a row of tabs along the top of the main window, including Apps, Music, Photos, etc. Click on the Info tab.
4. Look down the list of options and you'll see "Sync Address Book Contacts". Tick this box and look at the other options that become available. The two we're interested in are those to sync either your Yahoo Address Book or your Google Contacts.
5. Click the one that relates to your own needs and then click the Configure button.
6. Follow the instructions and enter your Yahoo or Google account credentials when prompted.
7. Finally, click Apply in the bottom right corner of the iTunes window. This will initiate another sync process and send the changes to your iPad.
8. Once this is done you should find all your usual friends are now listed in the iPad's Contacts app, and you can email them right from your new device.
Right, that gets you your contacts, but what about your mail? So far we've only covered address books. To set up your iPad so you can send and receive emails you will need to configure it for your email account, which is done in a different way.
Follow these steps:
(This is all done on the iPad. No computer required but your iPad does need to be online via either Wi-Fi or 3G).
1. Locate and run the Settings app (the icon is a metallic gear wheel).
2. Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
3. In the right-hand panel, tap "Add Account..."
4. Select your email service. There are pre-configured settings for mobileme, Yahoo, Gmail and AOL. If your email is not from any listed provider, click "Other". I'm going to use Yahoo for the rest of this example.
5. Follow the prompts to enter your name, email address, password and a description.
6. When you're done hit Return on the keypad and you'll see a "Verifying..." notification for a few seconds, then you'll be returned to the main settings screen.
7. That's it. Now return to the Home Screen and load the iPad's Mail app, and you should get a bunch of email downloaded.
For the record, I only did the contact part for Whistle. I'm really happy not to have to type in 400+ names and numbers!
My sources were:
Transfer Contact List From Verizon Backup Assistent to Google Voice! SIMPLE! - Google Voice Help
How to import Yahoo and Gmail contacts to the iPad - by Joe Machine - Helium
01-17-2011 08:54 AM
By pego99 in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 08-08-2012, 10:47 AM
By tap50 in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 07-27-2011, 01:39 PM
By iMad in forum iPad Hacking
Last Post: 06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
By walterh1 in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
By ipad987 in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 04-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Search tags for this page
contacts from verizon into ipad mini
download contacts from verizon to ipad
how do i import my contacts from verizon to my ipad
how do i sync my verizon contacts to m yy ipad2
import verizon contacts to ipad
transfer verizon contacts to ipad
verizon backup assistant for my ipad
verizon contacts ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.