Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

I need a lawyer!

This is a discussion on I need a lawyer! within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; With respect to the OP I think you are on the wrong track and running off the rails as what you are saying makes no ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
  1. #11
    Administrator
    Member #
    1596
    Liked
    335 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brisbane , Queensland Australia
    Posts
    5,310
    With respect to the OP I think you are on the wrong track and running off the rails as what you are saying makes no sense. This is NOT a personal attack just a comment on the issue.
    1) The instructions are plain and simple as SBHOKC stated regardless what platform you are using. The instructions are provided with the iPad
    2) complete instructions on how to use iTunes is in the menu ( see help)
    3) regard support zero ??? Excuse me you have 30 days phone support if needed not to mention the Apple web site which provides every thing you need.
    4) The Apple store. Out of the box the iPad along with all I devices require a computer plus iTunes to register. No employee of an Apple store or for that matter any retailer will be allowed to process a brand new iPad unless YOU are buying it. If you did purchase the ipad they will activate it with in 5 minutes if required. However in saying that it was purchased from Target.
    5). Once you have activated the iPad and loaded what ever content you want there is no need to connect the iPad to the computer unless you wish to back it up and or sync multiple devices such as another iPhone, iPod , Apple TV etc. I have not used my MacBook for months except for back up. I down load direct to the iPad most of my apps , movies and songs and do not use iTunes on the Mac hardly at all. It is by far the easiest computer or mobile device I have used ever and yes it is a computer...............
    6) let's look at some facts as of December 2010 apple has sold since 2001
    - 260 million IPods
    - 10 million iPads estimated as of dec 30
    - 50 million iPhone 3
    - 40 million iPhone 4. Approx as of now
    Users world wide are downloading from iTunes EVERY DAY17 million apps and approx 10 million songs.

    Now if in fact it is soooooo hard to buy an iPad or any idevice phones included and download iTunes on windows or mac then activate it can some one please explain why millions of users do not seem to have any problems.

    What i do not understand is the OP is suppose to be an experience user of windows and Toshiba so why is it so hard for some one whom is experienced to activate and use an iPad when even a 70 or even a 12 year old non experience user can do it with out issues. That does not make sense.
    Go get a lawyer loose every thing you own. Sell your ipad buy a toshiba touch laptop and you will be in heaven ...... Maybe

    One more thing I am not saying iTunes is perfect as we all know it has issues with windows platform and is overloaded with content but with respect I believe Apple will resolve a lot of these issues in 2011
    Last edited by col.bris; 12-29-2010 at 05:37 PM.
    Cheers Colin,
    Administrator
    Brisbane Australia
    Certified Apple Product Professional
    _____________________________


    iPad User Guide
    Forum Rules. Please Read.
    Hacking Section Rules

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    7489
    Liked
    132 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    14,940
    Quote Originally Posted by col.bris View Post
    . With respect to the OP I think you are on the wrong track and running off the rails.


    ..."running off the rails" I've never heard this expression, Colin. I like it. It doesn't sound very favorable. It's my new saying!

    It is a Aussie expression... I keep forgetting this is a US site lol Generally it means making statements that have been made with out thinking or understanding what one is saying Often done when one is in a rage or totally upset about something which I believe is the case here but I could be wrong. It by no means is an attack on the OP
    Last edited by col.bris; 12-29-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Marie ~


    64GB WiFi/3G iPad1 ~ JB with jailbreakme.com ~



    Forum Rules. Please Read.

    appleforums.net

  4. #13
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    5740
    Liked
    6 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, MS
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbike81 View Post
    Oh and I shouldn't need internet access to do all that either. It should work my E-mosis (the new age version of osmosis).
    if Steve J. Gets a hold of it first, it will be "iMosis"

  5. #14
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    25204
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Bad troll is bad? If this isn't a troll post then wow......you claim to be tech savvy but couldn't figure out how to install iTunes and plug the iPad into the USB on the corresponding computer. You should return the iPad, not because of the issues you describe but because it appears it is actually smarter than you and you will not be able to figure out how to use it and thus should take it back.

  6. #15
    Banned
    Member #
    428
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Japan and Seattle
    Posts
    1,131
    If he simply said he couldn't figure out how to install iTunes, I wouldn't be that surprised, there are quite a few people in this world who would have difficulty doing it.

    But the simple fact that he says "I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!" is what makes me laugh.

  7. #16
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    25987
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    423

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by T6D16C84 View Post
    Bad troll is bad? If this isn't a troll post then wow......you claim to be tech savvy but couldn't figure out how to install iTunes and plug the iPad into the USB on the corresponding computer. You should return the iPad, not because of the issues you describe but because it appears it is actually smarter than you and you will not be able to figure out how to use it and thus should take it back.
    After my post earlier I was thinking about this as well. Any person that describes themselves to be an I.T. type of person and can't take the 3 steps that even include pictures to open up the iPad must be a pot stirring troll? Something just does not add up. Why would anyone with ANY PC experience go to Target for information?

    I want the E-mosis thing as soon as you can please!!!!!

    iPad 32GB + 3G
    iPad 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3GS 8GB
    OtterBox cases on all

    Sent from my iPad while riding my BMW K1200RS listening to my iPhone 4

  8. #17
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    1284
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,623
    So by your little anecdote I assume you lost $100.

    Mine works, my GFs works fine, as does my brothers, and every friend and colleague I know that has one. Did you mean you would give him $100 if he could produce an iPad that will sync with Windows Media Player? If so the clerk is a moron and deserves to lose the "bet".

    As for the manual...go into safari and there is a bookmark for the manual...its not apples fault you can't follow the simplest of instructions.

  9. #18
    Banned
    Member #
    428
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Japan and Seattle
    Posts
    1,131
    He was saying it should work out of the box without having to hook it into a computer first. That was the bet.

  10. #19
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    2888
    Liked
    53 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,230

    Why Spend Money On A Lawyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by ipadrobert View Post
    Please see my previous post:
    I had to remove the link to the previous post.
    That says a lot. (What is it saying?) The more I think about the Pad and how it is sold the more mad I become. This Ipad was a Christmas gift. I could not make it work. There was ZERO support. There are people coming around now saying that there is a PDF or a manual somewhere, but that should be Apple's job. (The iPad experience--for lack of a better phrase, starts when you turn it on and see the graphic of a moving dongle cord being inserted into the iPad. Only one piece of paper is included in this very elegant packaging, that alone should have given you some clue that you are about to experience something different.)

    I am not new to computers. I have been buying Toshiba laptops for the company for years. (Buying technology does not make you a technical expert. Sure, you know how Toshibas work BECAUSE you have used this product, as you say, 'for many years.' So why not take the time to become familiar with a new, heretofore, unfamiliar technology?) They work (--yes Toshia laptops work BUT you also have some prep work before you can deploy your laptop in your work environment, doesn't your company have a desk side support team that customizes your Toshiba Laptops to enable them to work in your work environment?) , have great support, and after I leave the store or the UPS guy walks away, no one cares who we are or if we can pay for any additional programs and we do not have to go to the Windows store to download software or go there to make laptops work. (huh? Do you tell your endusers to go and download any program they want to in order to make it work? Does your company provide a company wide subscription to popular Windows programs such as MS Office? Where do you think these programs come from?)
    The more I think about my experience with Ipad and Apple, the more I want to know why. (Yes, that is the proverbial question: Why does Apple have its own OS? Why hasn't Microsoft or Intel or Toshiba offer tablets like the iPad?)
    My family purchased the Ipad from Target. Target is not the most high tech store. (and that should have given you a clue that both companies, believe this product can be sold off the shelf with little support from Target.) Maybe that was the problem. I went to the local Best Buy this morning. I ask the sales rep how much extra does it cost for a working Ipad. At first he said that all Ipads work. I offered him a $100.00 cash to pul one out of the box and show me. We all know how that went. (huh? how did that go? are you now impugning the reputation of another large American company? If you tell a sales person, I'll give you $100 if you can show me a working iPad, when Best Buy has at least 3 iPads on display--would probably negate any desire on the part of the sales person to help you. Your offer to pay that sales person $100 could be construed as bribing and puts that individual at risk of loosing his job.)

    Why hasn't the DOJ or a smart young lawyer slapped Apple with a Class Action for the Ipad. (As you say, lawyers are smart professionals, they go where they have the most success and highest potential of winning big bucks. Apple is the world's 2nd largest corporation, do you not believe that they have a team of lawyers watching out for Apple's good name? You really have to work very HARD to find an issue that would or could have class action status on litigation.) Why can't you sync it with Windows Media, Real Player, Nero or something else (because all of these apps are Windows apps and to run them, you would need Windows OS running. Apple has similar programs that do what Windows Media (Video App), Real Player (IPOD), etc. You have so many choices in the Apple world to get the best apps that will work for you.) When you purchase the thing you should own it. (you do own it and that iimplies you have some responsibility to do some research, some self tutorials on the iPad. And dare I say it, coming to a place like this forum to get assistance. As BrennB told you in your other note, if you have any ability to get over your anger, you will find all of us willing to help you.) JB
    I have appended your comments by adding bold to your ascertions above.

    Threatening someone, be it individual or company, with a lawsuit stops any hope for a meaningful resolution to the problem. Unfortunately, too many people in the USA believe that litigation is an alternative to taking personal responsibility to be informed on a product that is 100% completely different from the PC World. As a PC person ipadRobert, you have to work extra hard to figure out how this product works, because it is different than what you know. Becoming a well informed iPad consumer is not Apple's job, this is your job.

    And isn't that a good thing? You have a product that it seems a lot of people around the world want. This forum would be overwhelmed if every single person had the same unintelligible issues that is preventing you from successfully using it. But those individuals that have a similar experience as yours, have not posted these problems that you have angrily promoted as a class action lawsuit. Why is that?

  11. #20
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    1284
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbike81 View Post
    He was saying it should work out of the box without having to hook it into a computer first. That was the bet.
    OK, well when I bought mine for my brother I asked the Apple store people if they could activate it if he didn't have access to a computer and they said yes.

    Have you ever gone to a store and been able to just purchase a phone and start talking? There is a degree of activation for any mobile device. I would say buying an advanced piece of technology from Target is the first problem.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

how do you activate an ipad 2 out of the box with verizon

,

lawyer forums

,

need a lawyer to sue apple

,

returing ipad to target

,

support apple manual ipadlawyer

Click on a term to search for related topics.