I have a HP Pavilion with a Windows Vista installation that I am trying to setup as a wifi adhoc internet connection for my iPad.
This is what I do on the laptop:
1. I create an adhoc wifi network
2. Use a WEP password
3. Share the internet connection = enabled (on both my adsl internet connection and the wifi network)
4. Wait for Vista to prompt me to make the "network found", and select a "home" network type.
Here is the iPad setup:
1. I go to settings > WiFi
2. select the wifi network created and enter the password correctly
3. Then I am connected successfully to the network. But I don't have internet access???
Please help me access the internet via that connection!