So I left my iPad at my friend's house a while back, and, being the proficient hacker he is, he messed around with my iPad before returning it.
Now need to delete a few apps from my iPad, but it doesn't let me. To clarify, I have already:
1. held down the app so it wiggles (there was no red x button)
2. tried deleting the apps directly from iTunes (the Remove button is grayed out)
3. checked in restrictions and see if the Deleting Apps option works (it's set to off)
4. tried an alternate program from iTunes to delete the apps directly off the iPad's file system (apparently it doesn't work that way without jailbreak)
5. resetting all settings (apparently that doesn't apply to the firmware options)
I'm trying to set the Deleting Apps option back to on so I can delete the apps, but the switch is grayed out, not letting me interact with it at all. I'm suspecting some sort of firmware switch that has been triggered to not allow me to delete apps. Is there any way to flip this firmware switch in order to let me turn on deleting apps again? I also really don't want to have to jailbreak my iPad to get it to delete apps again.