I'm not missing this one. Thanks OP.
A really really remarkable and excelent explanation .. A clear guidance for us noobies and not a tech savvy ..
i only have my ipad2 3g for a mere 5 months, and i still intend to make the most of my jb ..
but let us know, fatboy if you eventually decide to "wave" goodbye to your fellow 3g - 4.3.3 .. who knows we might follow your footstep to battle the uncertainty ..
Or .. do we just make the apple "garden" more flourish by buying another ipad and have it ready for whatever may come while we keep the 4.3.3 .. ???? ... < kidding
again, thanks fatboy ..
Ugh, I don't know what to do. I've aired my temptations before because my 4.3.3 is running rough but I can't do a clean restore. That and I'd like to pair it more easily with my iPhone 4S.
But every time you think that way a tweak you take for granted reminds me. Go back to plain Apple multitasking? No adblocking? No iFile?! But if 5.0 was the only way to jailbreak, 4.3.3 might get super rough and archaic.
I guess I will just stay on 4.3.3 even without saved blobs and waiting HOPING to have a better jb on ios5 .
RedmondPie is reporting that it's not the only bug that gives access, it will just take longer for iOS 5.0.1.
Read "update" to post to find dev team comment.
Yes, we know that Chronic are working with at least 5 exploits if their announcements from MGF are to be believed. Just because one exploit is burned in 5.0.1, does not mean that 5.0.1 and onwards will never be jailbroken. But if the developer says he is working on 5.0 using the burned exploit and 5.0.1 will take longer, folks need to pay attention and make a judgment call. Based on jailbreaks past, it's not likely that will mean a 5.0.1 JB will pop up a few weeks after the 5.0 one. The cycle is usually many months to develop a new exploit into a working, tested, stable jailbreak... Heck, the 5.0 JB could still be many weeks or months away :(
Yes, great point. It's a hard call. I don't think I can give up my jailbreak for a hope right now, but I'm downloading the 5.0 firmware in case I need to make a fast decision before they stop signing it. It really is a difficult choice for the passionate jailbreaker.
Unfortunately I consider this as information that dev.team is loosing their battle with apple. I do have 4.3.3 jb now but if official 5.0.1 will appear before 5.0 untethered - I'll go to 5.0.1 because it's not a way of living - to stay always with previous version of IOS without jail brake waiting for one. If I have to stay without - I'll stay with the last. Tethered is not a way for me and I can't stay with 4.3.3 - at one moment there will be no apps for it. Sorry about my English.