I've got a weird issue with my IPAD 1.
My IPAD was originally running fine on a jailbroken IOS 5.0.1 and I decided to give it an upgrade to 5.1.1. So, as usual step prior to any JB upgrade, I'd turned off the device and put it into DFU mode. Only at this point I realized that I haven't backed up my IPAD. So, I turned it back on. This is when the problem happened. The IPAD seemed to be stuck on the Apple logo. After couple of days of tinkering (even letting the battery drained as some had suggested) it still turns on to the Apple logo and sits there.
So, out of sheer frustration I've decided that I do not need to back up anything and straight away proceed to the upgrade segment. My IPAD can still be put into DFU mode but I have no idea why it will not get into recovery mode. Itune still recognizes it. Anyway, cutting to the chase, here are steps I've taken (which unfortunately DOES NOT resolve the problem):
1. Used Itune to Shift+Restore a Custom IPSW (Error 1602)
2. Used Itune to Shift+Restore a Custom IPSW with IREB R5 (Error 1602 and sometimes 1600)
3. Used Itune to restore Official 5.1.1 IPSW (Error 1602)
4. Used Itune to restore Official 5.0.1 IPSW (Error 3194)
** NOTE: During the Itunes restore process, it will verify the file against apple server (twice) at this point my IPAD would light up after the second verification process. But that's about it... It'll just light up the backlight only with nothing displaying on the screen.
5. Used Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 , 0.9.10b5c, 0.9.10b6, 0.9.12b1 & 0.9.13dev4 (No error but redsn0w freezes at "waiting for reboot" after "uploading second stage". At this point the IPAD lighted up its backlight only).
6. Used TinyUmbrella's "Fix Recovery" and restart IPAD (Still freezes at Apple Logo).
7. Used a different PC (freshly formatted) with same results as the above.
8. Used 3 different USB cables (same results as above).
I'm stumped and dead tired. Anybody got any suggestions besides having to purchase a new IPAD? Perhaps any other methods that I might have missed? Any help and suggestions here is highly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance guys.