Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Re-Jailbreak Help!

This is a discussion on Re-Jailbreak Help! within the iPad Hacking forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and I am sorry if this is in the wrong section. The problem for me ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    210184
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re-Jailbreak Help!

    Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and I am sorry if this is in the wrong section. The problem for me is, I accidentally deleted cydia from my iPad 3 WiFi, and so, when I launched Absinthe again, to re-jailbreak, it said there was an error and the file system detected there was jailbreak and it says stash detected. So being the 'genius' I am, I connected the iPad to iFunBox, searched "Cydia" and deleted all the files with "Cydia" in them. My question is, can I re-jailbreak without restoring the iPad again? Thanks Guys.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1449 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,058
    Unfortunately, no, I'm 99.9% certain you've completely messed up that iOS version and that jailbreak. So, the only solution I see for you is to restore it (put a new iOS 5.1.1 on it) and then jail break it again with Absinthe, should you wish.

    Then, after you've got it all sorted, whatever you did to accidentally delete Cydia - don't do again. That includes trying to remove any Cydia references using iFunbox....

    Good luck and let us know how you get on.

    Marilyn

    P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.
    Last edited by Mickey330; 07-08-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  4. #3
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    224544
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    163
    If you have OpenSSH installed, you can reinstall cydia. You just need to get the .deb for it and copy it over and use a terminal prog like putty to install it. That is quite simple.... if you have OpenSSH installed


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #4
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    260381
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    how to install same version

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    Unfortunately, no, I'm 99.9% certain you've completely messed up that iOS version and that jailbreak. So, the only solution I see for you is to restore it (put a new iOS 5.1.1 on it) and then jail break it again with Absinthe, should you wish.

    Then, after you've got it all sorted, whatever you did to accidentally delete Cydia - don't do again. That includes trying to remove any Cydia references using iFunbox....

    Good luck and let us know how you get on.

    Marilyn

    P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.


    hi, im kind of facing the same problem.. im new to this ipad n apple products.. can u help me on how to restore back my ipad to ios 5.1.1 cause i tried to restore with itunes but it says update to latest version ios 6.0.1 first..

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1449 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,058

    Re-Jailbreak Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by shacky View Post
    hi, im kind of facing the same problem.. im new to this ipad n apple products.. can u help me on how to restore back my ipad to ios 5.1.1 cause i tried to restore with itunes but it says update to latest version ios 6.0.1 first..
    What generation iPad do you have, what version of iOS is it currently running and do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1?

    Knowing the answers to the above will help us get you going in the right direction.

    Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  7. #6
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    260381
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    What generation iPad do you have, what version of iOS is it currently running and do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1?

    Knowing the answers to the above will help us get you going in the right direction.

    Marilyn
    hi thanks for the quick reply.. im having ipad new .. currently running ios 5.1.1.. i dont have shsh blobs..
    realy messed up with my ipad..

  8. #7
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1449 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,058

    Re-Jailbreak Help!

    Sorry, but without SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1, you cannot re-restore your iPad.

    Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  9. #8
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    260381
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    Sorry, but without SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1, you cannot re-restore your iPad.

    Marilyn
    how do i download shsh blobs

  10. #9
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1420 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,520
    Quote Originally Posted by shacky

    how do i download shsh blobs
    Unless you saved your blobs for iOS 5.1.1 before September 21st, when Apple stopped signing it, there is no way to get them. The only restore you can do will have your iPad running iOS 6.0.1.
    Last edited by scifan57; 11-20-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Can you jailbreak iPad in the way you jailbreak iPhone 4?
    By Dirk Schulz in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 03:02 AM
  2. How To Jailbreak iPad in the way you jailbreak iPhone 4?
    By Paul Gardiner in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 03:01 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 01:28 AM
  4. Can you jailbreak iPad in the way you jailbreak iPhone 4?
    By Dirk Schulz in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 01:25 AM

Search tags for this page

can i re jailbreak my ipad
,
can i rejailbreak my ipad
,
how to re jailbreak ipad
,

how to re jailbreak ipad 3

,
how to rejailbreak ipad
,

how to rejailbreak ipad 3

,

how to remove jailbreak stash

,
rejailbreak ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.