Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Does jailbreaking slow down YOUR ipad?

This is a discussion on Does jailbreaking slow down YOUR ipad? within the iPad Hacking forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Yeah.. I don't care what any one says.. My personal experience as a long term iescapee is that it DOES SLOW DOWN THE IDEVICE SUBSTANTIALLY. ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Does jailbreaking slow down YOUR ipad?

  1. #11
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    260671
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    Yeah.. I don't care what any one says.. My personal experience as a long term iescapee is that it DOES SLOW DOWN THE IDEVICE SUBSTANTIALLY. Slowly but surely. Upon returning to jail after long term successful escapism one will notice:

    'holy sh!t pellets, my iPad is lightening fast I must be soo good at restoring & updating'

    FACT

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1427 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefside
    Yeah.. I don't care what any one says.. My personal experience as a long term iescapee is that it DOES SLOW DOWN THE IDEVICE SUBSTANTIALLY. Slowly but surely. Upon returning to jail after long term successful escapism one will notice:

    'holy sh!t pellets, my iPad is lightening fast I must be soo good at restoring & updating'

    FACT
    Jailbreaking, in and of itself, DOES NOT slow down your iPad. On the other hand, the tweaks you download to a jailbroken iPad may very well cause problems such as slower performance.
    Last edited by scifan57; 11-21-2012 at 01:26 AM.
    Scienidejp likes this.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  4. #13
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104

    Does jailbreaking slow down YOUR ipad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefside View Post
    'I must be soo good at restoring & updating'

    FACT
    Rather than blaming the jailbreak for substantially slower performance, it is much more likely that you are to blame and are simply bad at making decisions about what to install on your jailbroken device despite your experience

    I can demonstrate any number of iOS benchmarks which give the same results on both a stock device and a freshly jailbroken one.

    It is what you do with your jailbreak once you have it that causes your problems! FACT

    A practical and common sense approach to utilising jailbreak tweaks will enhance your device without any noticeable detriment to its performance. All of my jailbroken devices are testament to that. Not a single one performs badly (and yes, I use stock devices regularly too). I simply wouldn't accept them if they did.
    Last edited by f4780y; 11-21-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    Ampress and scifan57 like this.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  5. #14
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    260671
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    Dear Idweebs you are so in denial about your precious jailbreak it's hilarious, just read your posts back to your self. Sheesh


    The purpous of jailbreaking is to personalise one's I device. I'm saying that once its jailbroken and personalised its SLOWER.

    FACT.

    If you have benchmarks proving otherwise lets see the evidence? Otherwise ill tell little interweb lies too and say I've done benchmarks which substantiate my claims as FACT.

    Everyone else: remember JB ur I device according to the Idenial people above its just as fast and theese guys should know cos they live for jail breaking, its their calling and they even eat loads of apples and drink apple juice while jailbreaking...so i would say they are right. I can only tell you from my 5 yrs experience.

    Jb 4 life

    Laterz

  6. #15
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1427 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefside
    Dear Idweebs you are so in denial about your precious jailbreak it's hilarious, just read your posts back to your self. Sheesh

    The purpous of jailbreaking is to personalise one's I device. I'm saying that once its jailbroken and personalised its SLOWER.

    FACT.

    If you have benchmarks proving otherwise lets see the evidence? Otherwise ill tell little interweb lies too and say I've done benchmarks which substantiate my claims as FACT.

    Everyone else: remember JB ur I device according to the Idenial people above its just as fast and theese guys should know cos they live for jail breaking, its their calling and they even eat loads of apples and drink apple juice while jailbreaking...so i would say they are right. I can only tell you from my 5 yrs experience.

    Jb 4 life

    Laterz
    Just because you use the word fact spelled out in capital letters several times in your posts doesn't make them so. A jailbroken device doesn't have to be any slower than a stock device if you use reasonable care in choosing which apps and tweaks you download. I think you'll have to post those benchmarks you mention in your post.
    Last edited by scifan57; 11-22-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  7. #16
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104

    Does jailbreaking slow down YOUR ipad?

    Well, I'm not sure calling a member of staff a liar is the best technique to defend your point of view. I would strongly suggest you read our rules before hurling too many more insults, otherwise there will be consequences. Folks don't have to agree with one another, but they have to be respectful to post around here.

    I am sure any kind of results I can post will be immediately dismissed by you, but since I happen to have a stock iPad3 and my JB iPad3 on my desk at the moment, I ran GLB (one of many benchmarking suites available in the App Store) on both devices. This just happened to be something that was installed on both. There was no other reason for choosing it.

    Attached are the stock and JB results, together with a picture from my phone of both devices showing the results.
    Whilst my JB device actually scored higher by 2 marks, I am happy to call that identical performance

    Stock iPad3
    Does jailbreaking slow down YOUR ipad?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353595739.937605.jpg

    JB iPad3
    Does jailbreaking slow down YOUR ipad?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353595753.033780.jpg

    iPhone5 picture of both devices showing the results!


    My personalised device is running SBSettings, Action Menu, Winterboard, BytaFont, iKeyWi HD, Color Keyboard HD, Iconoclasm, and plenty of other tweaks.

    I have no interest in winning you over. Your very first post did state that you don't care what anyone else says.
    You are obviously entrenched in your point of view, but I wont accept being called a liar by a stranger when I never knowingly post anything on our forums which I don't believe I can back up with evidence.

    Your substantially slower iDevice is down to the way that you have personally managed your jailbreak. Please don't tar me with the same brush because there is plenty of evidence from our members that a jailbroken device can be fully personalised without substantially impacting its performance. All it takes is a little care and attention.
    Last edited by f4780y; 11-22-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  8. #17
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    266274
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2

    My question too.

    I read most of them and they say do not install apps that run constantly. Could I please get a list of apps that do not run constantly?

  9. #18
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104

    Does jailbreaking slow down YOUR ipad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abozia View Post
    I read most of them and they say do not install apps that run constantly. Could I please get a list of apps that do not run constantly?
    I know of no jailbreak applications or tweaks which I can single out as falling into a category of "running constantly" which would have a significant negative impact on the performance of the iPad. Most run very quietly in the background consuming a minimum of resources. None of the apps / tweaks you will see referred to in the various sub-forums of the hacking section on this site will hurt the performance of your device to a degree which you will notice, if taken in isolation. The only time you are likely to run into issues is if you install absolutely every app and tweak you can find. Then, just like on any other device or computer, you run the risk of slowing the OS down because of the sheer volume of things you have running. A little common sense is all that is required. Only keep things installed if you find them of use, and delete anything which you don't really need.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  10. #19
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    266274
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2
    Do siri and count as apps that run constantly? Please tell!

  11. #20
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1427 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Abozia
    Do siri and count as apps that run constantly? Please tell!
    Siri only runs when you turn it on, it doesn't run constantly in the background.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. iPad 2 running very slow
    By Mikey180000 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 05:46 AM
  2. Slow ipad
    By Njzillest in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 01:22 AM
  3. iPad so slow.
    By Flypoppa in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM
  4. iPad slow
    By nana49er in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
  5. my iPad has gone slow please help!
    By Burley89 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 01:49 AM

Search tags for this page

does jailbreak slow down ipad

,
does jailbreaking an ipad slow it down
,

does jailbreaking make ipad slower

,
does jailbreaking slow down ipad
,
ipad 1 jailbreak slow
,
ipad jailbreak performance
,
ipad slow after jailbreak
,
jailbreak slow down ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.