Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

SHSH Blobs FAQ

This is a discussion on SHSH Blobs FAQ within the iPad Hacking forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ampress Now that ios 6 has been released can I choose to upgrade my ipad2 with 4.3.3 to ios 5.1.1? Cydia shows ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 120
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: SHSH Blobs FAQ

  1. #51
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampress View Post
    Now that ios 6 has been released can I choose to upgrade my ipad2 with 4.3.3 to ios 5.1.1? Cydia shows I have the blobs.
    Not yet. You will need to use the facilities of the new version of redsn0w which has been announced by the dev-team, but not yet released. Stay tuned. We will post details (and likely a tutorial) once the full process is known.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  2. Ads


  3. #52
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    204729
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Perth West Australia
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by f4780y View Post
    You can safely install a new version over an old one. No upgrade or removal of the old one first is required.
    Thanks for that info better safe than. Sorry.

    Regards
    May the "Farce" be with you!

    iPad 2, Vers 7.1 (11D167), 3G + Wi-Fi, 64 Gig.

  4. #53
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104

    SHSH Blobs FAQ - New & Improved for 2012!

    Quote Originally Posted by Janset View Post
    Thanks for that info better safe than. Sorry.
    Always
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  5. #54
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    249296
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    30
    hi all,
    I just got my first iPad (the new iPad, iOS 5.1.1) and wonder whether I can save my SHSH blobs for my current OS or it is not possible as iOS 6 is around.
    Thanks.

  6. #55
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104
    Quote Originally Posted by robnet77 View Post
    hi all,
    I just got my first iPad (the new iPad, iOS 5.1.1) and wonder whether I can save my SHSH blobs for my current OS or it is not possible as iOS 6 is around.
    Thanks.
    As per the FAQ, you are only entitled to 6.0 at the moment, so that is all you can get. Save them now in any case. You never know if they will be useful in the future, and once the window is closed it is too late...
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  7. #56
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    245334
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    23
    so, i have a newbie question....

    i bought an iPad 3 that had iOS5.1.1 pre-installed

    before jailbreaking with Absinthe, i backed up my iPad on iTunes as per the Absinthe instructions

    question: if i go to iTunes and restore my iPad using the 5.1.1 backup, will all this SHSH Blobs stuff work itself out? or am i missing something? i am not planning on reversing my jailbreak and going to "normal" 5.1.1 right away, but i want to make sure i can eventually restore and then upgrade to iOS 6 at some point.

    thanks,
    -m

  8. #57
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104
    Quote Originally Posted by mefnj View Post
    so, i have a newbie question....

    i bought an iPad 3 that had iOS5.1.1 pre-installed

    before jailbreaking with Absinthe, i backed up my iPad on iTunes as per the Absinthe instructions

    question: if i go to iTunes and restore my iPad using the 5.1.1 backup, will all this SHSH Blobs stuff work itself out? or am i missing something? i am not planning on reversing my jailbreak and going to "normal" 5.1.1 right away, but i want to make sure i can eventually restore and then upgrade to iOS 6 at some point.

    thanks,
    -m
    No, you haven't understood the FAQ. The only blobs you are entitled to at the moment are 6.0. You cannot get blobs for "old" firmwares. It makes no difference what you have installed on the device. You need to get blobs from Apple, and they will only give you what they consider to be the current firmware. iDevice backups don't work like that either. They only contain your settings and data, not the OS.
    You should start saving you blobs (with 6.0) today for future protection - HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella, but if you make a mistake and force yourself to restore, you will have to go to 6.0 and lose your jailbreak as things stand. Without 5.1.1 blobs you have not way of going back to "normal" 5.1.1 at any time.

    Hope that clarifies.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  9. #58
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    245334
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by f4780y View Post
    No, you haven't understood the FAQ. The only blobs you are entitled to at the moment are 6.0. You cannot get blobs for "old" firmwares. It makes no difference what you have installed on the device. You need to get blobs from Apple, and they will only give you what they consider to be the current firmware. iDevice backups don't work like that either. They only contain your settings and data, not the OS.
    You should start saving you blobs (with 6.0) today for future protection - HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella, but if you make a mistake and force yourself to restore, you will have to go to 6.0 and lose your jailbreak as things stand. Without 5.1.1 blobs you have not way of going back to "normal" 5.1.1 at any time.

    Hope that clarifies.
    well, when i open Cydia on my iPad it has this listed at the top

    SHSH: iOS 5.1.1

    however, when i used tinyumbrella to get my blobs (as per an earlier post in this thread, i think), it got something, but it also said something about "not eligible"...

    i guess i will just wait for the iOS 6 jailbreak, allow the restore to iOS 6, save my blobs, and then jailbreak again.

    all very confusing... why can't Apple just play nice!

    -m

  10. #59
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104

    SHSH Blobs FAQ - New & Improved for 2012!

    Quote Originally Posted by mefnj View Post
    well, when i open Cydia on my iPad it has this listed at the top

    SHSH: iOS 5.1.1

    however, when i used tinyumbrella to get my blobs (as per an earlier post in this thread, i think), it got something, but it also said something about "not eligible"...

    i guess i will just wait for the iOS 6 jailbreak, allow the restore to iOS 6, save my blobs, and then jailbreak again.

    all very confusing... why can't Apple just play nice!

    -m
    Ah, well you see, this is why details are important in order for folks to be able to give you accurate advice

    If you'd mentioned that Cydia reported your SHSH's were there, and that you saw "something about not eligible", then it would have helped.

    Your first post led me to believe you had just jailbroken a 5.1.1 device and were hoping that the SHSH "thing" was just going to "sort itself out". In that scenario it wouldn't.
    In the scenario where you jailbroke some time ago when 5.1.1 was still being signed, you have less to worry about.

    The good news is you have your blobs for 5.1.1.
    You should be able to use those to re-restore 5.1.1 on your device in the future, provided you don't make a move to 6.0 first. However, this will depend on how your device was initialised originally and whether it was ever previously restored. Your APTicket may be OK, it may not (there isn't enough information on how devices with original factory fresh 5.1.1 installs perform under re-restore conditions with the new redsn0w to comment yet). Unfortunately, you won't know until you try and do it, but hopefully you won't need to in any case!
    But if you know for sure that you performed a restore on that device at least once in the past (for example, before you jailbroke it), then you will be good to go any time in the future.

    The message you saw in TU was likely telling you about all the blobs you were not eligible to get, which is why it is useful to pay attention to the details of what it is telling you But if you followed my tutorial exactly as it is written, you will have retrieved and saved your 5.1.1 blobs from Cydia and 6.0 blobs from Apple on your local hard disk.

    But the bottom line is if Cydia says you have 5.1.1 blobs, then you have them. No need to worry about that
    Last edited by f4780y; 10-17-2012 at 03:45 AM.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  11. #60
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    245334
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by f4780y View Post
    Ah, well you see, this is why details are important in order for folks to be able to give you accurate advice

    If you'd mentioned that Cydia reported your SHSH's were there, and that you saw "something about not eligible", then it would have helped.

    Your first post led me to believe you had just jailbroken a 5.1.1 device and were hoping that the SHSH "thing" was just going to "sort itself out". In that scenario it wouldn't.
    In the scenario where you jailbroke some time ago when 5.1.1 was still being signed, you have less to worry about.

    The good news is you have your blobs for 5.1.1.
    You should be able to use those to re-restore 5.1.1 on your device in the future, provided you don't make a move to 6.0 first. However, this will depend on how your device was initialised originally and whether it was ever previously restored. Your APTicket may be OK, it may not (there isn't enough information on how devices with original factory fresh 5.1.1 installs perform under re-restore conditions with the new redsn0w to comment yet). Unfortunately, you won't know until you try and do it, but hopefully you won't need to in any case!
    But if you know for sure that you performed a restore on that device at least once in the past (for example, before you jailbroke it), then you will be good to go any time in the future.

    The message you saw in TU was likely telling you about all the blobs you were not eligible to get, which is why it is useful to pay attention to the details of what it is telling you But if you followed my tutorial exactly as it is written, you will have retrieved and saved your 5.1.1 blobs from Cydia and 6.0 blobs from Apple on your local hard disk.

    But the bottom line is if Cydia says you have 5.1.1 blobs, then you have them. No need to worry about that
    thanks for your patience and clarification.

    my "order of operations" so far has only been:
    -bought iPad with 5.1.1 pre-installed
    -followed Absinthe procedure to jailbreak, including the process of backup and restore apps and settings from iTunes (as you said, that does NOT involve the iOS)
    -ran tinyumbrella and see the list below
    -i have NOT restored my iPad's iOS before or since jailbreaking

    i guess from what you state, i am OK for now, and have all the blobs i am eligible to have

    thanks again,
    -m
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SHSH Blobs FAQ-capture.jpg  


+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Can i use 3rd party SHSH blobs
    By ZayZay in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 01:47 AM
  2. Help, trying to back up SHSH blobs
    By mazenmmo in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 04:47 AM
  3. How to recover my SHSH blobs
    By Jet7 in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 11:28 PM
  4. What are SHSH Blobs
    By akaroads in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 09:02 AM
  5. Shsh blobs...what are they and how do you save em?
    By Dr.Gee in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM

Search tags for this page

blobs
,
how to fetch shsh blobs from cydia server
,
how to find shsh blobs on computer
,

how to find shsh blobs on pc

,
ipad shshs blobs sichern
,
shsh blobs faq
,
spoof shsh blobs
,
unable to fetch the required apticket from apple
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread