NEWS: New version of redsn0w 0.9.9 with many new features
This is a discussion on NEWS: New version of redsn0w 0.9.9 with many new features within the iPad Hacking forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; This morning we have a new version of redsnow with lots of new features.
The good news for everyone is this redsn0w now contains an ...
Post By f4780y
This morning we have a new version of redsnow with lots of new features.
The good news for everyone is this redsn0w now contains an iBooks fix for 5.0.0 and 5.0.1, as well as native support for jailbreaking 5.0.1. YAY!
Probably of most interest to iPad2 owners is the inclusion of similar functionality to the recently released TinyCFW tool but without the large memory overhead and JRE requirements
I'll be updating our main redsn0w guide with all the new features later, but in the meantime, here is the changelog:
Get it from the usual source - http://blog.iphone-dev.org/redsn0w-iOS5
The holiday season is almost here (Happy Holidays!) so we realize everyone is busy (especially @pod2g!). And even though we always recommend that jailbreakers stay where they are until a new untethered JB comes out, that’s not always possible. So we’ve updated redsn0w for those who may have found themselves at iOS 5.0.1, and added some other useful features too:
This is still a tethered jailbreak for all except old-bootrom 3GS users.
- native support for 5.0.1 (no need to point redsn0w at 5.0 IPSW or use command-line args). Support automatically extends to all of redsn0w’s various functions: “Jailbreak”, “Just boot”, “Fetch blobs”, “Stitch blobs”, “Recovery Fix”
- iBooks fixed in 5.0 and 5.0.1. This is a targeted fix that doesn’t remove entire sandbox mechanism. 5.x users already using redsn0w “Just Boot” can just use the new version without redoing entire jailbreak again
- 3GS old-bootrom owners can now create custom IPSWs without blobs
- ultrasn0w compatability update (i.e. same baseband requirements) for 5.0.1 will be available on Cydia Monday
- support for newer 8GB iPhone4 (which until now had problems with “Fetch blobs”). Thanks to @JKjeepnJeff for loaning us one of these newer i4 units for testing!
- allows Windows users (not just OS X users) to use the “Custom” button to create IPSWs without baseband updates.
- accommodates APTickets in 5.x (until next Apple countermove). APTickets are crypto-verified before submitting to Cydia, just like the main blobs. Cydia server support for sending back the APTickets is upcoming. For now, use stitched IPSWs for 5.x. Due to APTickets, stitched 5.x IPSWs now require user to start in “Pwned DFU” mode
- Support added for stitching 4.x blobs to iPad2-GSM IPSWs. Similar to @notcom’s TinyCFW but doesn’t require lots of RAM or a TSS-assisted restore. Won’t work for iPad2 5.x blobs (or iPhone4S at all) until a bootrom-level exploit is out
- top line now shows whether (and where) a redsn0w update is available, or if the version being run is the latest. Uses DNS TXT record to alleviate any concerns about snooping
- no 5.1 beta support at this time (major apps like Cydia are not yet compatible)
- @pod2g has been doing a great job porting his 5.x untether…check his blog for updates!
- Owners of newer 3GS iPhones must not flash the iPad baseband. The iPad baseband will not work on 3GS iPhones built later than 2011 week 35. You have a week 35 or later device if your serial # starts with xx135.
Last edited by f4780y; 12-19-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Reason: better changelog presentation :)
15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)
Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!
12-19-2011 03:26 AM
By holymasteric in forum iPad Games
Last Post: 05-30-2011, 09:43 AM
By Demandarin in forum iPad Hacking
Last Post: 03-04-2011, 11:09 AM
By Mike_73 in forum iPad Hacking
Last Post: 12-08-2010, 01:47 AM
By andykeating in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 12-07-2010, 05:09 PM
By brobar in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 03-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Search tags for this page
redsn0w deactivate feature
redsnow deactivate feature
redsnow latest version
redsnow new version
Click on a term to search for related topics.