I am new to the forum but I have a challenge for all 'experienced' iPad/Apple users. I have a jailbroken iPad1 running 4.3 iOS that I cannot update/sync at all. I am at the point that I dont care if I lose everything on the iPad as long as I can update/reinstall everything later (even if I lose a few apps here and there). Data at this point is not my concern.
Here is my problems:
1.) The iPad is not being recognized by my iTunes.
- I have a Macbook Pro and an iMac. One is running Snow Leopard the other Lion. Neither Works.
- I have tried many USB cords. All work with my iPhone but nothing works with my iPad.
- I have successfully had other iPads recognized by my computer.
- Both are running the most current version of iTunes (updated both yesterday).
- I have actually removed the Apple Mobile Devices (blah blah blah) as the Apple forums suggest and no success.
Before you suggest my iPad USB connector is bad here are a few things that make me believe this is NOT the case...
2.) The iPad WILL charge via a wall connector
3.) If I power the iPad off and then plug it into either computer via USB then the iPad comes on as if it is recognized by the computer but iTunes never opens and never recognizes my iPad. Of course it does not charge the iPad but if it was not recognizing the iPad it would never power on.
4.) I have been able to connect to my iPad via SSH connection using CyberDuck so I know the USB cord is working and the connection from my Mac Book and iPad are good.
I am hoping ANYONE can help me. My iPad is near HD compacity and I need to clear songs off and everything so I can install more apps.