Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Help needed lost passcode for JB Ipad2 4.3.3

This is a discussion on Help needed lost passcode for JB Ipad2 4.3.3 within the iPad Hacking forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hi All I hope someone can help ideally with some positive good news and there is light at the end of the tunnel !! I ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    98035
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England UK
    Posts
    19

    Help needed lost passcode for JB Ipad2 4.3.3

    Hi All

    I hope someone can help ideally with some positive good news and there is light at the end of the tunnel !!

    I recently purchased my IPAD2 4.3.3 out of the box and jailbroke it..Yesterday my kid put a passcode on it and can not remember the digits!! :-(

    I do not have any of the SHSH blobs. Is there any way I can restore my device back to 4.3.3 or remove the passcode.

    Thank in advance all

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1447 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,055
    Unfortunately, unless your child can remember that passcode ... there is no way in. You'll have to restore (and thus lose your jailbreak).

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

    Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  4. #3
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    98035
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England UK
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    Unfortunately, unless your child can remember that passcode ... there is no way in. You'll have to restore (and thus lose your jailbreak).

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

    Marilyn

    Marilyn

    Thank you for your reply...I am gutted :-(

    If I restore now it will go to 4.3.5 which I believe can not be JB?

    Is it better for me to wait for IOS 5

    Thanks in advance

    T

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1447 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,055
    Yes, if you restore, it will go to 4.3.5. I don't understand your iOS5 comment (cause it's not released yet) - unless you mean to wait/hope that 5 can be jail broken [quickly]? In that case, who knows - we can but wait.

    Is there ANY way your child can remember that password? Hypnotism, maybe.

    Again ... sorry.

    Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  6. #5
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    98035
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England UK
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    Yes, if you restore, it will go to 4.3.5. I don't understand your iOS5 comment (cause it's not released yet) - unless you mean to wait/hope that 5 can be jail broken [quickly]? In that case, who knows - we can but wait.

    Is there ANY way your child can remember that password? Hypnotism, maybe.

    Again ... sorry.

    Marilyn

    Marilyn

    We have tried a few combinations he thought they would be but to no avail.... I did not want to try too many attempts for fear of being locked out for 10 years!!!!

    I did mean wait for IOS 5 in anticipation that it will be jailbroken, Hypnotism may be the way forward if 5 doesn't get broken!!! I may have to try locating a good hypnotist...

    Totally distraught :-(

    Thanks again

    T
    Last edited by TIMECMDR; 09-12-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo

  7. #6
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    93864
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    27

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by TIMECMDR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    Yes, if you restore, it will go to 4.3.5. I don't understand your iOS5 comment (cause it's not released yet) - unless you mean to wait/hope that 5 can be jail broken [quickly]? In that case, who knows - we can but wait.

    Is there ANY way your child can remember that password? Hypnotism, maybe.

    Again ... sorry.

    Marilyn

    Marilyn

    We have tried a few combinations he thought they would be but to no avail.... I did not want to try too many attempts for fear of being locked out for 10 years!!!!

    I did mean wait for IOS 5 in anticipation that it will be jailbroken, Hypnotism may be the way forward if 5 doesn't get broken!!! I may have to try locating a good hypnotist...

    Totally distraught :-(

    Thanks again

    T
    If you download iFunBox (use google to find it) and access the files on the iPad without SSH, you can backup everything to your PC. If the files are in-accessible due to the lock code being in place, you may be out of luck. But it is worth a shot.

    When I had to restore my iPad due to the Springtomize tweak removing the slide lock, I downloaded that standalone software to backup all of my Application files.

    After you transfer all these files onto a folder on your desktop, snoop around and see if you can't find the mobile lock text document. It may just be a reference to an ACSII based file. I'll look through my iPad on iFile to see if I can find the location of the code myself, and find out how the document was encrypted or compiled.

    If you want to continue with the backup method, just do so. If you want to restore, just jailbreak to Tethered 4.3.5 afterwards, or untethered 4.3.3. After jail breaking again, you can then open iFunBox and place the backed up files on your iPad.

    I had some trouble at this point, but found out if you download a free app, it will allow you to drop these files under APPLICATIONS under SAID DOWNLOADED APP. As opposed to not being able to do so before.

    After the backed up files are under some random app you don't even know why you have, download iFile from Cydia. I'm sure you know that there is a lite version under the paid version source.

    After you download iFile, open it and click on Applications (in landscape mode) on the left hand side. Look for your one and only downloaded App folder. Open it and see a bunch of random letters and numbers. For example, you will see something like this:

    AC3JKL-AHIJO1-HSO67J-KMNWQZ

    Yes, I just mashed the keyboard,

    Click on edit in the top right hand corner, and select all the funky named folders, now click the clipboard icon in the bottom right corner and select cut. Now go back one in the directory. You should now be back in applications.

    Once your in applications again, select the same clipboard icon and hit paste. All your data from your downloaded apps are there.

    But wait, when you go home, your icons aren't on springboard? Just simply restart your device. If your tethered, boot tethered from DFU mode using redsn0w.

    BUT WAIT AGAIN. You now have all blank white icons on your screen. This is another simple fix. Just download your apps again. Doing this just replaces the app, and not the data associated with it. AND Your done.

    If this doesn't help, I'm terribly sorry. Maybe this will help others. I will try and look for that lock code source for you.

    I also hope you like to read.

    You could also restore from another iPad...? But tell me how this goes first.

    Last edited by evove; 09-13-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: AUTO CORRECT, GAAAATHHHKYFVHKGDT

  8. #7
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    98035
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England UK
    Posts
    19
    Hi There

    Thanks for the response mate

    I love reading :-) "knowledge is power"

    I have downloaded Ifun and have managed to get into the ipad. :-)

    I can not seem to locate the mobile lock/ passcode document... :-(

    I am not so bothered about the data my main objective is to be able to either take off the passcode or be able to keep 4.3.3 firmware thus enabling me to jailbreak the device..

    Are you saying i may be able to disable or reset the passcode using ifun?

    Thanks in advance

    T
    Last edited by TIMECMDR; 09-13-2011 at 04:08 AM.

  9. #8
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    88110
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    jaipur
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMECMDR View Post
    Hi There

    Thanks for the response mate

    I love reading :-) "knowledge is power"

    I have downloaded Ifun and have managed to get into the ipad. :-)

    I can not seem to locate the mobile lock/ passcode document... :-(

    I am not so bothered about the data my main objective is to be able to either take off the passcode or be able to keep 4.3.3 firmware thus enabling me to jailbreak the device..

    Are you saying i may be able to disable or reset the passcode using ifun?

    Thanks in advance

    T
    have you tried ifaith? it is basically a software to get your current firmware's shsh blobs even when apple is not signing it. i know it works for 4.3.3 as i have used it. i guess it should work for a passcode locked device.

    if it works then you will have your blobs for 4.3.3 from which you can create a signed ipsw (using ifaith) and restore from that.

  10. #9
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    98035
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England UK
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by advsahir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMECMDR View Post
    Hi There

    Thanks for the response mate

    I love reading :-) "knowledge is power"

    I have downloaded Ifun and have managed to get into the ipad. :-)

    I can not seem to locate the mobile lock/ passcode document... :-(

    I am not so bothered about the data my main objective is to be able to either take off the passcode or be able to keep 4.3.3 firmware thus enabling me to jailbreak the device..

    Are you saying i may be able to disable or reset the passcode using ifun?

    Thanks in advance

    T
    have you tried ifaith? it is basically a software to get your current firmware's shsh blobs even when apple is not signing it. i know it works for 4.3.3 as i have used it. i guess it should work for a passcode locked device.

    if it works then you will have your blobs for 4.3.3 from which you can create a signed ipsw (using ifaith) and restore from that.
    The current version of ifaith does not support the Ipad 2 :-(

  11. #10
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    88110
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    jaipur
    Posts
    15
    The current version of ifaith does not support the Ipad 2 :-([/QUOTE]

    oops sorry. missed the '2' in your first post!


Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Help needed for For Ipad2 3g
    By snake458 in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 09:36 PM
  2. Help needed - trying to restore iPad2
    By diannenet in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 09:09 PM
  3. Lost my username and records in new ipad2
    By hadiway in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 12:36 PM
  4. Lost iPad2 calendar
    By karenjd in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 04:25 AM

Search tags for this page

662bc19b13aecef58a7e855d0316e4cf61e2642b

,

forgot password on jailbroken ipad

,

handle changepasscode block invoke 1: oldpass=secret newpass=null no blob

,

ibackupbot find password

,

ios how to disable passcode ifunbox

,
lost ipad password jailbreak
,

recover restrictions passcode iphone 4 ios 6.1.3 jailbroken

,
remove passcode jailbroken ipad 2
Click on a term to search for related topics.