I have a weird problem that just popped up with my Jailbroken iPad 2 w/4.3.3. Up until this point I have had no issues running any Apple or Cydia apps. Anyway here is the problem:
I purchased a book via iBooks, but the book did not download correctly to my iPad. One of two things would happen: 1) The book would appear to download but when I would open it in iBooks, the first page of the book would open, but then iBooks would crash/shut down after a few seconds. 2) The small loading bar would be displayed inside the book's icon, except there would be no download progress.
I even tried to install the book via iTunes and my Mac, which would seem to go fine. But when I tried to open the book in iBooks, one of the two errors listed above would occur.
Troubleshooting done so far...
1. I reset all of the network components in my house just to make sure the network was not the issue. All other computers and components in my home network work fine.
2. I performed numerous shutdowns of my iPad and attempted the above steps, but the same issues occurred.
3. I deleted iBooks from my iPad and tried to re-download it via WiFi, but it never completely downloaded. Not sure why though since all other WiFi functions seemed to be working properly.
4. I downloaded iBooks via iTunes and my USB cable connected to my Mac without issue, but still could not download the book in question.
5. I downloaded the same book to my son's iPad, which IS NOT jailbroken and is still ver 4.3.3 and it worked just fine.
The fact that I had no issues with the book on my son's iPad makes me think it has something to do with the jailbreak and/or the Cydia programs on my iPad. If it does have something to do with the jailbreak and/or jailbreak programs, I don't know where to begin to look.
As I said before, this is the first issue like this I have had with my jailbroken iPad. Of note, this is the first time I have purchased/downloaded a book to my iPad via iBooks if that means anything.
If there is any other info needed to help me with this problem, let me know and I will post it.