1) Open iBackupBot
2) Ensure iPad's backup file is highlighted in left column
3) On the RH, scroll until you find the file Media/PhotoData/Photos.sqlite; doubleclick to select it
4) In the pop-up that appears, click on PhotoAlbum
5) Find the name of the password protected folder (will be under the column Title)
6) In the UID column, there will be a long number containing the phrase "...%PASSWORD%..."
7) The password for the protected folder are all the numbers/letters after the second % symbol
8) Enter that password into the field on the iPad and your folder will open/can be deleted
Hope this helps. Note that I did use the paid-for version of iBackupBot, though I don't know if that makes a difference. Good luck.
Hi all. I made a similar stoopid mistake. But I cannot make the fix work. When I doubleclick on Media/PhotoData/Photos.sqlite it brings up a trial box (buy me) and then the left hand column is database / tables with a bunch of "Z" options underneath such as ZADJUSTMENT, ZALBUMLIST, ZKEYWORD ZGENERICASSET. I have selected them all in turn and each brings up tabular data in the RH side - most headings are Z_xxx but no photoalbum popup or Title / UID and no hint of a password in any of it.
Is it because I am using the trial do you think? Quite expensive to just delete a folder :-)
Pse see screenshot. I guess this is not the photoalbum popup?
Huh. It may have changed because this was back when I was still using the iPad1 ... on iOS 4.something (I think). My iBackupBot doesn't look as I remember it, nor do I see that file any longer, either. To further complicate things, I don't have PhotoAlbums+ installed on my iPad3, so I can't look around for you.
So, here are two screenshots of my iPad3 backup (using the iBackupBot program). They show you my best guess as to where you might find the password. No guarantees (nor can I tell you is the trial version will help...). Anyway, the two photos:
I hope this helps because I have no other idea. I never did hear back from the developer, but if this doesn't work for you, you might want to try e-mailing him.
Many thanks for having a look. No luck as yet but I will keep looking. I did try the developer but no response. I will give him another dig
Hi both. Sigh... I have same issue here. Forgot my password for private album.
Will try your trick above. But I am also on ipad3.
Appreciate if you find something, you will update this post.
Thank you so much.
There's also a glitch where you hold the pictures to move them around. It closes the photo app, but still moves your photos closer to where you want it but still glitchy. Why you want to move photos around? Because first photo is going to be the album picture. This is on the ipad 2 5.01 jb with most updated photoalbum+ from cydia.