Ok, so I am very very familiar with android products and using the method we call "rooting". I frequently browse the forums, changing my ROM, kernel, etc (hope these are familiar terms to some of you). While I like apple products, I am a bit puzzled as to why I bought one over the xoom. Lets face it, the ipad2 is just plain boring as a stock oversimplified electronic. However, I do not know much about jail breaking, and I have been reading up a small tad on it. Rooting an android device makes literally a world of difference and it speeds up the device ten fold. Pardon me if some of this info is stickied, if so just ignore it, I am posting a last minute thread before tomorrow. So here are my questions:
1. Are there big advantages?
2. What are the disadvantages?
3. Are there ROMS, kernels, etc you flash or is it simply a one time deal?
4. I have heard different things about the ability to JB an ipad 2 at the moment, what is the deal?
5. Can this be done on a PC? I see a lot of mac tutorials
I believe that is all for now, I will post any more questions I have
I guess the biggest thing is, to root or not to root?