Why jailbreak my iPad 1, 2?
This is a discussion on Why jailbreak my iPad 1, 2? within the iPad Hacking forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hello everyone,
I've decided to open this new thread as I feel it would be great if everyone would share their iPad 1 or 2 ...
I've decided to open this new thread as I feel it would be great if everyone would share their iPad 1 or 2 (soon to be jailbroken) experience so others (including myself) may learn what possibilities a jailbreak offers?
So we can keep this thread well organized, I would recommend everyone share their experience in a similar format like:
- "application name 1" because "reason 1 why you use it", "reason 2 why you use it"
- "application name 2" because "reason why you use it"
This way we may avoid duplicates of apps.
I feel like this kind of thread would help others see what potential a jailbreak offers to the iPad and how Apple restricts users, if that's the case.
I am looking forward to seeing what will people share.
Last edited by euugenn; 04-22-2011 at 01:33 PM.
04-22-2011 01:26 PM
1. XBMC. I have an HTPC at home and the ability to use it where ever I go is very nice. I assume I can use it with my portable hard drive and have my movie collection where ever I go.
2. iFile/Safari Download. I can download things on the Internet and not have to resync with my computer. Definitely a restriction. I assume so people continue to buy MacBooks?
3. Tor. The ultimate anonymizer.. This is specific to my uses I assume, but essential to me nonetheless.
4. Untrackerd. Apple really killed it for me here. Tech sites have been reporting that a forensics company has confirmed that law enforcement has known about the cached location data since iOS 4. As a privacy advocate, I find it unacceptable for that information to be on my iPad.
5. Torrent manager or client. As you may or may not know, mixtapes are free, but you can't get them on an iPad without a torrent client or spending a lot of time with Safari Download Manager. I have one on my Android phone, so I'd assume there's one for the iPad as well.
I'd also like to try out some of the Flash alternatives. Having *bought* Puffin and Skyfire, I'd have to think there are better alternatives. I have the iPad 2, so I haven't been doing much searching of what's available on Cydia yet. I jailbroke my iPad 1, but for some reason I didn't spend a lot of time with my iPad when I had it.
I agree with you though when people say changing colors is their reason for jailbreaking. Seems dumb.
no, I believe people would like to see a more personal list with each jailbreaker's own experience and thoughts. thank you for your contribution anyway.
Originally Posted by OUTL4W
@kevbo : great first post! well put together and organized.
that's exactly what I mean - I want to see real reasons why people should jailbreak, not useless abilities or tweaks.
thank you for sharing your jailbreak experience with the iPad.
p.s: I have an iPad2 and your first app made me really think about jailbreak
I am looking forward to seeing what others are willing to share
because if you spent money, you should have the liberty of do whatever you want to your device
Amen to that!
Originally Posted by Buzmay
+1 : This should be the "jailbreak motto"!
Originally Posted by Buzmay
15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)
Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!
I think that the OP knows already why to JB ~ he just wants the above from other members.
Originally Posted by euugenn
I am still hoping for members to truly share their experience and stop sending links to sticky lists or blog posts. This is not what this thread was intended to provide.
Last edited by euugenn; 04-23-2011 at 02:41 PM.
i have an ipad 2, but when a jailbreak is available, i'm gonna get truprint.
It will allow the airprint feature to work on more printers rather than HP eprinters.
By Dirk Schulz in forum iPad Hacking
Last Post: 08-17-2010, 03:02 AM
By Paul Gardiner in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 08-17-2010, 03:01 AM
By Dirk Schulz in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 08-17-2010, 01:28 AM
By Dirk Schulz in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 08-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Search tags for this page
jailbreak ipad 1
should i jailbreak my ipad 1
why jailbreak an ipad 1
why jailbreak ipad
why jailbreak ipad 1
why jailbreak ipad 2
why jailbreak ipad1
why should i jailbreak my ipad 1
Click on a term to search for related topics.