Like many others, I like to dive right in whenever a new JB is released, safe in the knowledge that I can downgrade and restore my previous configuration fairly painlessly thanks for the wonder of SHSH blobs, iTunes, and pkgbackup!
UPDATE - 11/04 - All good things come to those who wait! I am pleased to report that all of the original problems which were an issue for me personally have now been resolved by their respective developers, therefore I am now updated and jailbroken on 4.3.1. I used sn0wbreeze to create a 4.3.1 custom firmware and did a full backup of 4.2.1 and restore and re-sync using pkgbackup and iTunes. The whole process took a mighty 4 hours start to finish (it takes a long time to re-sync 64GB of Apps and Media!), but it went without a hitch. And now I have multi-tasking gestures back! One happy chappy
The rest of this thread is for historical purposes only.
I reverted my iPad to 4.2.1 on 05/04 because of a few key compatibility issues related to Cydia apps which need to be resolved before I will be happy on 4.3.1. I'm keeping my phone on 4.3.1 because I can live with it, whereas I cannot live with a less than perfect iPad!
1. Shrink - was not working, but was updated to version 0.9.7 with 4.3.1 support as of 07/04
2. Infinidock - was not working, but was updated to work on 4.3.1 as of 06/04 - Thanks for the heads up AWolfOutWest
3. Themes - Apple, in their ultimate wisdom, have tweaked a few graphics on the OS, most notably for me on the lock screen slider meaning that my favourite themes on phone and iPad don't show as expected. UPDATE 07/04 - Looks like I can get round this by changing the names of themed slider elements to WellLock.png, BarBottomLock.png, WellLock@x2.png,BarBottomLock@x2.png.
4. Action Menu - works fine on 4.3.1, BUT has a dependency on IOS 4.2.1 set on Cydia - updated to 1.1.1-1 for 4.3.1 compatibility on 10/04
5. qTweeter (iPhone) - Although it is no longer available to buy, I absolutely love this tweak. It is not compatible with 4.3.1 and likely never will be as the devs have stopped work on it - I'll just have to live with it, but that's the iPhone anyway!
and these from AWolfOutWest...
- Pkgbackup 4.2.11 has a confirmed problem which requires a fix from the developer. Updated to version 4.3.0 with bug fixes for 4.3.1 on 11/04.
- 5-row keyboard for iPad was not working, but has now been updated to 1.0-1 with 4.3.1 compatibility on 08/04
- MobileTerminal is working on 4.3.1 but has been incorrectly packaged and constantly prompts that there is an update when there isn't.
Please feel free to contribute your own!