Jailbroken iPad (4.2.1) not rebooting after battery drain
This is a discussion on Jailbroken iPad (4.2.1) not rebooting after battery drain within the iPad Hacking forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I had the same problem with the not-being-able-to-properly-shut-iPad-off like from OP's message:
"ii. when the apple log is on the screen, I remove the cable ...
I had the same problem with the not-being-able-to-properly-shut-iPad-off like from OP's message:
"ii. when the apple log is on the screen, I remove the cable and press Home+Power until the screen shuts off.... I assume that this is the "TURN OFF" state.
. when the apple log is on the screen, I remove the cable and press Home+Power until the screen shuts off.... I assume that this is the "TURN OFF" state."
I didn't have the battery problem though.
What I did is:
- start redsnow and go all the way until it tells you to have the iPad completely shut off before proceeding.
- connect the iPad to the PC
- Wait until it tries powering up
- Once turned on, do the reset routine (holding power and home) until the screen goes black.
- Now the tricky part, just before iPad starts up again (you only have a couple of seconds), hold down the power button and press start in redsnow.
It's kind of tricky as you have to hold buttons on iPad while at the same time you have to press a button on your PC. But it worked for me.
01-31-2011 12:36 AM
Doesn't work for me....
Hi Guys, I already tried the process you suggest but it doesn't work for me. I can't put the iPad in the DFU mode so RedSnow can't do it's work.
Why can you not get it in DFU mode?
Sent from my iPad using iPF
Doesn't work for me...
I tried the standard process to put the iPad in DFU mode but it doesn't work.
I have the red discharged battery icon, then after a few minutes I have the white apple. In this momento I tried:
1. Do the process to put the iPad in DFU mode. It doesn't work. I can't achieve to put the iPad in this mode.
2. I press home and power for a few seconds, so the iPad tries to restart and in this moment I do the process to put it in DFU mode. Neither...
3. I tried with recboot, but nothing happens
4. I tried with TinyUmbrella, but nothing happens
What do you think?
I had the same issue. Apparently, when redsnow says you MUST have the device powered off, it's not a concrete rule. My ipad died. So I tried the redsnow reboot only but was stuck at the 'MUST TURN OFF IPAD FIRST' step. So I plugged it into the charger for an hour, unfortunately, that then put my pad into a white apple logo with loading icon (sun rays without a sun in the middle) which locked my ipad where I couldn't reset or power off. I then went into the redsnow reboot only process. When it said, power off ipad, I simply went to the next screen where the button pressing directions appear. I followed the steps as if I had turned off the ipad. AS SOON as the redsnow dialog box said that the ipad was now jailbreak rebooting independently and I had the pineapple logo on the screen, I rushed to the outlet and plugged in my charger. After a min, my ipad powered on jailbroken just fine!
it worked! i did exactly as u instructed above, and my ipad powered back on!! yaaaayyy!! Thanks so much Rokr!
Originally Posted by Rokr
Guys...let me resume you my experience
First, I want to tell that I'm here because I let the battery of my iPad 4.2.1 jailbreaked by redsnow 0.9.6b4 discharged completely.
The last procedure applied was:
1. I connected the iPad to my computer. I had red discharged baterry.
2. I let it charge for awhile until I saw the white apple logo
3. I opened the redsnow 0.9.6b4 (configured just for boot tethered)
4. I went through the application until the window where it asks to have the iPad turned off. I didn't have the iPad off. I had the iPad with the white apple logo
5. I click next and execute the procedure recommended by redsnow to put the iPad in DFU mode. It didn't result. After the procedure I got my iPad with black screen, like if it was turned off.
6. I let the iPad a few minutes (like 2 or 3) connected to the PC in that mode
7. I ran redsnow again, beginning the process with the iPad in that mode (black screen) and this time redsnow recognize the iPad in DFU mode, so it began the process of tethering.
8. Once I saw the pineapple logo in the iPad and redsnow telling me the the process was ready and that the rest would happen in the iPad, I disconnected from the PC and connected to the wall immediately.
9. I let the iPad there a few minutes and then I had the recovery mode (USB and iTunes logo)
10. I decide to open iTunes and it recognized the iPad in this mode and ask me to restore the factory default configuration
11. I decided to do this and now iTunes is downloading the firmware to install in the iPad (12 minutes left)
I tried a lot of things and I was very worried about the situation, but now it seems that I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I'll tell you in awhile if it finally worked.
Thank you very much guys.....
OK, finishing the restore process.
The first time iTunes gave me an unexpected error. Second time it was great and now I'm restoring last backup.
I think i'm reaching tunnel exit
Hello, that happen to me when i jail break with redsnow. each time when i turn off the power, i have to reboot with redsnow again.
thats what i did over the weekend.
1) dont worry about the apple logo.
2) go the redsnow, DFU again (3 seconds, 10 seconds and 15 seconds)
3) your ipad should be recognize.
4) restore your Ipad with Itune
5) go get greenposi0n ( GreenPois0n )
and that should be working, cuz mine have no problem turn off the power and will turn it back on again. ^_^
try it and let me know if working to you.
Same prob but Jailbreak not known
Hi - I have exactley the same problem, iPad keeps resetting, cannot charge etc. I do not know what Jailbreak Program I have installed though (this was already on when I brought it). I have Cydia and ***** EDIT ***** but I do not have the Redsn0w or Greenp0ison logo on boot up so this may not be the Jailbreak I have. Because of this, I have not worked through the fix suggested, only the resets and all other advice first but with no joy.
I am reluctant to do a restore via iTunes as I do not want to lose the Jailbroken Apps/data and have to jailbreak myself afterwards, but if this is the only way then I shall have to.
I am very much in distrss and call on you all for your advice pleaseeeee!!!
Last edited by f4780y; 06-11-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Reason: do not mention piracy apps on this forum!
By SallySparrow in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 04-26-2013, 07:00 AM
By Kim in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 10-29-2010, 05:23 PM
By Sonny Burnett in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
By MikesTooLz in forum iPad Hacking
Last Post: 08-09-2010, 09:35 AM
By Takenover83 in forum iPad Apps
Last Post: 05-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Search tags for this page
how to start dead jailbroken ipad
how to turn on a jailbroken ipad
i ran me ipad till it was dead now it is not turning back on
ipad wont wake up after battery drain jailbreak
jail broken ipod keep turning on then start charging
jailbroken ipad dead
tethered jailbroken iphone 4 battery died now no jb ios 6.0.3
why does rebooting ipad start recharging
Click on a term to search for related topics.