Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Editing Posts

This is a discussion on Editing Posts within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I have searched and searched. One search took me to the iPF.net site and the thread was closed. Q - I have seen 'Edit' in ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Editing Posts

  1. #1
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    260719
    Liked
    141 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,148
    I have searched and searched. One search took me to the iPF.net site and the thread was closed. Q - I have seen 'Edit' in a few posts, can you edit a post once it is uploaded or can you only add an 'edit' if either, how? Is there an area where we can read all the related info on posting?

    Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi
    Last edited by Roy Rob; 11-23-2012 at 11:08 AM.

    Roy Rob - Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Ontario

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1417 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Rob
    I have searched and searched. One search took me to the iPF.net site and the thread was closed. Q - I have seen 'Edit' in a few posts, can you edit a post once it is uploaded or can you only add an 'edit' if either, how? Is there an area where we can read all the related info on posting?

    Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only
    Anybody can edit their own posts. Here's a little edit I performed on an earlier post of mine.

    Editing Posts-image-211616202.jpgTap the space beside your avatar to bring up the edit button.

    Editing Posts-image-2821791705.jpgUsing your finger, place the blue cursor on the spot you want to edit.



    Editing Posts-image-928639929.jpgThen tap send.

    Editing Posts-image-1663461.jpgThe edited post.
    Last edited by scifan57; 11-23-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  4. #3
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1417 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330
    Hi, Roy Rob. First of all, I've moved your question to its own thread in the general discussion area. It a good question, but doesn't need to be hidden in another member's introduction post.

    So, to edit your posts (note that members can only edit their own):

    After you've made your post, if you notice you want to make a change, you can make edits. I don't believe you can edit a post in either of the most oft-used apps (IPF or Tapatalk) but you can make edits on the web - or in the web browser offered by the apps.

    I'm going to post this now, then I will edit it to show you how it's done.

    ---------------
    Too late, Mickey, I was working on just that when you moved the post to it's own thread.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1448 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,058

    Editing Posts

    Yep, saw that, scifan, so I deleted my post. I think I just type too slowly!

    Roy Rob - in case you missed it, I moved your question to its own thread. It's a good question and I did not want it buried in another member's introduction thread.

    As I was moving it, scifan answered your question on how to edit posts using the forum app (this also works if you are using the Tapatalk forum app).

    These two pictures show you how to edit on the web (or within the browser of the apps):

    Editing Posts-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353682526.861041.jpg

    Editing Posts-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353682537.869254.jpg

    There. Probably more than ever wanted to know on how to edit your posts. But, there you go! Oh, and do note that members can only edit their own posts, while moderators and admin can edit any.

    Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    Just as a little aside, some threads do not allow editing, off the top of my head (which is quite empty and echoes a lot) the News section is one where posts can't be edited.

    The Archangel

  7. #6
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    260719
    Liked
    141 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan57

    Anybody can edit their own posts. Here's a little edit I performed on an earlier post of mine.

    <img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=30086"/>Tap the space beside your avatar to bring up the edit button.

    <img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=30087"/>Using your finger, place the blue cursor on the spot you want to edit.

    <img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=30088"/>Then tap send.

    <img src="http://www.ipadforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=30089"/>The edited post.
    Thank you scifan and Marilyn, just edited my post above scifan's reply. Works just fine. Is there somewhere to get all the instructions for posting? I looked on iPF.net site but it said thread closed.

    Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

    Roy Rob - Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Ontario

  8. #7
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Rob

    Thank you scifan and Marilyn, just edited my post above scifan's reply. Works just fine. Is there somewhere to get all the instructions for posting? I looked on iPF.net site but it said thread closed.

    Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only
    See if this helps Creating Posts and Starting New Threads - How To

    The Archangel

  9. #8
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    260719
    Liked
    141 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1

    See if this helps Creating Posts and Starting New Threads - How To

    The Archangel
    Not really, lots of good information but thanks anyway gabriel. For instance - When I am composing a reply and make a typo in the first line I can't use the magnifying glass positioner for the cursor, nor a finger tap. The cursor goes to the beginning letter and stays there. Cancel and start again is the only option or backspace to the error to fix it. After the first 'return' things settle down. I uploaded two pictures in a post yesterday one appeared where I wanted, the other appeared after my signature? Should I have selected 'linear' for both? I can't recall if the app gave me the chance. Stuff like this...

    Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

    Roy Rob - Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Ontario

  10. #9
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Rob

    Not really, lots of good information but thanks anyway gabriel. For instance - When I am composing a reply and make a typo in the first line I can't use the magnifying glass positioner for the cursor, nor a finger tap. The cursor goes to the beginning letter and stays there. Cancel and start again is the only option or backspace to the error to fix it. After the first 'return' things settle down. I uploaded two pictures in a post yesterday one appeared where I wanted, the other appeared after my signature? Should I have selected 'linear' for both? I can't recall if the app gave me the chance. Stuff like this...

    Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only
    Ok, there is a bug in the IPF App at present which we are waiting for a fix for however, if you reply by quoting a post you won't have a problem otherwise just hit return and you'll be ok, don't worry about the extra spaces, they will be taken care of when you hit send.

    As for photos, when you upload, touch the arrow to the right of the thumbnail image and select "insert inline" for each photo.

    The Archangel

  11. #10
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    260719
    Liked
    141 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1

    Ok, there is a bug in the IPF App at present which we are waiting for a fix for however, if you reply by quoting a post you won't have a problem otherwise just hit return and you'll be ok, don't worry about the extra spaces, they will be taken care of when you hit send.

    As for photos, when you upload, touch the arrow to the right of the thumbnail image and select "insert inline" for each photo.

    The Archangel
    Thanks again....you're an angel.

    Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

    Roy Rob - Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Ontario


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Editing forum posts
    By pilotpierre in forum iPad 3 Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 08:58 PM
  2. New posts
    By MJervis in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 06:04 PM
  3. Where did the posts go?... Posts missing from Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread
    By Jenningsville in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 11:40 PM
  4. Ipf app editing posts
    By GenerationX in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 09:27 PM
  5. New Posts
    By sticky1 in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 07:04 PM