Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Jolinmax

This is a discussion on Jolinmax within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; This seems a stupid question but I can't seem to find how to get to the beginning of a discussion. It always comes up at ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Jolinmax

  1. #1
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    257884
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41

    Jolinmax

    This seems a stupid question but I can't seem to find how to get to the beginning of a discussion. It always comes up at
    Today. I have not used any forums before ..

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1446 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,053

    Jolinmax

    Naw, not a stupid question (especially if you've never used a forum).

    I'm going to assume you are using the forum app (or Tapatalk). If you are using the web, then this won't really apply (but let me know and I can help there, too).

    On your iPad, while in a thread, tap the status bar (at the top, where the date is). This should make the screen view go to the top. If the thread is only one page, you will be at the first post.

    If the thread has more than one page, you will see a row of numbered buttons. Pressing the "1" button will take you to the first post. See this picture for what I mean:

    Jolinmax-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353081955.123367.jpg

    Hope this helps.

    Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.4 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  4. #3
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    257884
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330
    Naw, not a stupid question (especially if you've never used a forum).

    I'm going to assume you are using the forum app (or Tapatalk). If you are using the web, then this won't really apply (but let me know and I can help there, too).

    On your iPad, while in a thread, tap the status bar (at the top, where the date is). This should make the screen view go to the top. If the thread is only one page, you will be at the first post.

    If the thread has more than one page, you will see a row of numbered buttons. Pressing the "1" button will take you to the first post. See this picture for what I mean:

    <
    Hope this helps.

    Marilyn
    Sorry it took me half an hour to find where to reply. I don't know what Tapatalk is. The forum I am oN is this one. When I tap the screen at the top nothing happens. I tried it on a question which had a lot of replies.I am 80 so my mind is not as sharp as it used to be. when I try to go to the address below it says can't open file because it is an internal file.
    I had to remove link because I only have 1 post

    Not having much luck

  5. #4
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    257884
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolinmax

    Sorry it took me half an hour to find where to reply. I don't know what Tapatalk is. The forum I am oN is this one. When I tap the screen at the top nothing happens. I tried it on a question which had a lot of replies.I am 80 so my mind is not as sharp as it used to be. when I try to go to the address below it says can't open file because it is an internal file.
    I had to remove link because I only have 1 post

    Not having much luck
    PS. I went to a thread which said page eg. 10 of 1126 but I don't know how to get to page 1 when I touch the bar with the pages on it nothing happens

  6. #5
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    217460
    Liked
    10 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    278
    If you are using the app that you can download you click the numbers at the top of the page.


    If you are using on the Internet via Safari you click the numbers at the top of the thread.


    Let us know how you get on, we love helping newbies

    Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jolinmax-image-1874754170.jpg   Jolinmax-image-1346383573.jpg  

  7. #6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    257884
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Hi

    Iam still having problems getting to start of thread
    The page does not have numbers at the top

    Top of page

    Apple I pad discussions. I pad accessories. Then arrow in box

    Threads and stickies

    Forums

    Ipad 4 access

    I pad mini access

    Threads 10 of 2624

    I can't see anywhere to go back to start of thread

    I have tried pressing everything

    Help please

  8. #7
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    257884
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    Jolinmax-image-3637348194.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jolinmax-image-2665174156.jpg  

  9. #8
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    257884
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    41
    I tried to put a picture on of the pages I am looking at. I don't know if this has worked

  10. #9
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    217460
    Liked
    10 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolinmax
    I tried to put a picture on of the pages I am looking at. I don't know if this has worked
    From what I can work out you are at the top of the list of threads, you don't get page numbers at this point but if you want to see more threads you scroll down to the bottom and click the "Load more threads" button.

    The pictures I posted are when you have opened a thread that has lots of replies on it, then you will see the page numbers.

    Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts