Am not a follower of Apple products but having recently got a GoPro camera and discovering my current PC & laptop just aren't up to movie editing I'm thinking an iPad might just be capable of the simple movie edits i require. So i have some questions:
1. What's the current range of iPad? Is this right?
iPad - iPad 2 - iPad 3 - iPad Retina
2. Am i right in thinking each iPad is about twice as fast as its previous?
3. Does iMovie have a maximum movie length or file size it can deal with?
4. Which iPads are capable of 1080p movie editing and exporting?
5. Is a Wi-Drive a viable option to increase iPad storage space or should I be aiming for a 64GB model as movie files can be large?
6. Is the UK Apple store the cheapest place to get one? (iPad Retina WiFi 64GB = £559)
Just to add before anyone mentions laptops and desktops for movie editing it seems that with a £500 ish budget the only Macbook Pro i would get is an '06 model off ebay and i don't want another windows desktop PC as they go out of date way to quick and loose value quickly.
Essentially im after a quick way to take my movies from my GoPro via a camera connectivity kit, make some simple edits (trimming, titles, slo-mo scenes, music etc), upload to YouTube and then export to camera roll and ultimately back to a PC for putting back on SD cards that will plug and play directly into my TV.
7. Will an iPad + iMovie achieve this, if so which iPad model can i get away with using? As id rather not spend out on the top banana unless i have to.
Thanks in advance :-)