Iím looking for an I-Pad front end for a music player.
Let me explain:
I wish to be able from my I-Pad to walk through all the covers of my music albums and be able to add individual tracks to a currently playing queue.
Has anyone a good (and cheap) suggestion based onto experience?
- All my music files sits on a NAS (QNAP TS859 Pro+)
- Iím a PC guy, so the words Mac, ITunes, apple TV and all related crap is to be banned from any suggestion
I-tunes isnít able to cope with the size of my music collection (200000 tracks) Last time I tried it took 15 days to create the library and then it crashed and lost all information including all apps for my I-Phone, I-pad and I-pod!
I donít want to start with a Mac because eventually I will have to use ITunes (see previous line)
- Iím ready to use either a PC software proposing the I-Pad as a controller or any purposely build player assuming it can handle my ever growing music collection. This exclude Sonos (which on paper looks like THE solution) as to spare two and an half dollars those people lack the necessary memory to cope with my collection (limit of 65000 files)
- I want to be able to see the artwork of my albums !!! I didnít spend years setting up a clean library with all the artwork to end up in front of a list of names !
- However I want a search tool allowing me to type any word and have a display of results of any tag field (folder name would be a cherry on the cake, kid music being the name of a folder, not the content of a tag).
- I want to be able to do an update of the data base used by the interface after I performed some changes on file in the NAS (modification of tags, addition of artwork of albums)
- I want to be able to search my music collection without interrupting the playing queue
- I want to be able to add files (or albums) to this queue.
- I want to be able to view the queue and modify the way it is playing (repeat, random,Ö)
- I want to be able to do all this from the I-Pad, to play music, it is not necessary to have the TV on (however some psychedelic image on a screen would be an interesting feature)
- I already have a real cool solution to deal with video files, thank you. (it doesnít handle audio though)
- Ah , and Yes, I want the music to come out of my BIG speakers, not from the I-pad!
Thank you for your help