I want to be able to do two things:
- I bought my iPad 2 in the U.S. 2 years ago. I took up a job and moved to India about 6 months back. For the last 6 months, I had no issue accessing the U.S. app store. When I upgraded to iOS6, I cant access any app store. The iPad says that I have a US account and cant access the India store. My move to India is not permanent so I want to maintain access to the U.S. app store and my US account (I still have U.S. credit cards, addresses etc.)
- I went to the "iTunes and App Stores" tab hoping that I can simply point my iPad to the U.S. Store. Nothing seems obvious there but the "Apple ID" box on top is grayed out and hence cant be selected.
- A friend told me that I perhaps have placed restrictions preventing this. When I went to "Restrictions", I found it to be "On" and asking me for a password. Since I purchased the iPad, I dont think I ever set up a passcode, even for the iPad cover or certainly not for "Restrictions".
- Does the iPad come with a default "Restrictions" passcode? I have backed up my iPad from time to time but I dont EVER remember setting a "Restrictions" passcode so restoring from a back-up will probably just put this passcode back on.
Any help will be much appreciated
- All I want to do is to point my iPad again to the U.S. app store and start downloading apps again.
- Remove the passcode on "Restrictions"