Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

IPad Stolen

This is a discussion on IPad Stolen within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by King Hal A real pisser having your kit stolen. Sorry to the forum's US members but some of your airports are just ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: IPad Stolen

  1. #21
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    10539
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by King Hal View Post
    A real pisser having your kit stolen. Sorry to the forum's US members but some of your airports are just terrible. Passing through Miami airport is just awful.
    We know..
    Ever since 9-11 it's been getting progressively worse..

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Banned
    Member #
    10959
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    348
    Not sure is apple staff are aware of this case ? Can apple staff said some thing about this case , it is possible to stop the stolen iPad from operating ?

  4. #23
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    11342
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5
    Sorry about that!

  5. #24
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    9323
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southeast Wisconsin
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by King Hal View Post
    A real pisser having your kit stolen. Sorry to the forum's US members but some of your airports are just terrible. Passing through Miami airport is just awful.

    This kind of thing happens everywhere (even in Europe). Not just in the U.S. It's fanciful to think otherwise.

    Sent from my IPad

  6. #25
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    11048
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    104
    The same thing happened to my son last Christmas with a GPS when he came from North Carolina. They'd let too many people on with too big of carryons and the people at the end of the line were forced to check their carryons. Someone broke the lock and stole the GPS, had to have been an airport worker. He filed a claim immediately and had to make several follow up calls but they did give him back the $240 for it.
    It's worth a shot to file a claim. I don't trust ANYone anymore! Sad.

  7. #26
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    7784
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyeo11 View Post
    Not sure is apple staff are aware of this case ? Can apple staff said some thing about this case , it is possible to stop the stolen iPad from operating ?
    I called Apple and they said there was nothing they could do. Unless someone can help me to talk somebody at apple that may be able to help?

    Thanks!

  8. #27
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    7784
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksane View Post
    The same thing happened to my son last Christmas with a GPS when he came from North Carolina. They'd let too many people on with too big of carryons and the people at the end of the line were forced to check their carryons. Someone broke the lock and stole the GPS, had to have been an airport worker. He filed a claim immediately and had to make several follow up calls but they did give him back the $240 for it.
    It's worth a shot to file a claim. I don't trust ANYone anymore! Sad.
    Ye, I'm definitely filing a claim and claiming from my insurance policy that I took out for the trip. I'll be very happy to get the money back and as others have said - lesson learnt!

  9. #28
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    7784
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by TTown View Post
    I can't help you with your stolen iPad. I am interested in hiring you though!
    Cool! Hiring me to do what?

  10. #29
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    2614
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by dale600rr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TTown View Post
    I can't help you with your stolen iPad. I am interested in hiring you though!
    Cool! Hiring me to do what?
    He probably thought having employees that buy iPads for the boss, sounded like a good idea!

    .
    This Space Intentionally left Blank !

  11. #30
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    7784
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dale600rr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TTown View Post
    I can't help you with your stolen iPad. I am interested in hiring you though!
    Cool! Hiring me to do what?
    He probably thought having employees that buy iPads for the boss, sounded like a good idea!

    .
    Oh, lol! Actually, my boss paid me in full for the IPad about a month ago. Now he says that I must not worry about the money and it's not my fault it was stolen. I'm way too ethical to accept that so even if I don't get paid out by insurance, I'm going to tell him that I was and give him the money back. Might break my bank account but that's life...


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
  2. Has the iPhone 4 Stolen the iPadís Thunder?
    By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 03:40 PM

Search tags for this page

can a stolen ipad be traced
,
can an ipad be traced
,

can an ipad be tracked

,

can ipads be tracked

,
i found an ipad can it be traced
,
i lost my ipad can it be tracked
,
ipad stolen
,
my ipad was stolen can it be traced
Click on a term to search for related topics.