I'm considering getting an iPad to replace my aging Dell laptop which is just about to expire. I've read lots of good things about tablets and the iPad in particular, but there isn't anywhere local for me to have a play with one so I'm after a bit of advice. My last experience of a Mac was one running MacOS 8 - yes, I am that old!
Many thanks for your help
- Is it possible to use an iPad as a laptop replacement? If so, what are the restrictions?
- I have read about the lack of multitasking. How difficult is it to copy data from say an Excel file to an email?
- iTunes: I have all my music as WMA files on my HTPC running Windoze 7. Can I play these on the iPad, or will I need to run iTunes on the PC and share from there?
- If I create a shared folder on the Windoze machine can I access it from the iPad and share files through this?
- I heard that iCloud will allow me to sync my contancts and tasks from Outlook to the iPad. How well does this work? (I already sync contacts from Outlook to my Nokia mobiles)