What's missing from the iPad
This is a discussion on What's missing from the iPad within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; These are some of the things I have noticed after the last week or so that is wrong with the Apple iPad.
1. Bluetooth devices ...
What's missing from the iPad
These are some of the things I have noticed after the last week or so that is wrong with the Apple iPad.
1. Bluetooth devices like my WEP-870 headphones do not auto-reconnect. You have to manually go into settings and hit connect every single time.
2. Wifi is affected by screen brightness.
3. Auto-Brightness basically does nothing.
4. No bluetooth file transfer.
5. No program to use bluetooth to connect the ipad to a computer and act as a keyboard/mouse/remote control, only wifi which requires you to run a server application on the computer.
6. No streaming videos over SMB, I mean seriously Apple, every other device on the planet is capable of this.
7. Shuffle songs is hidden in the iPod player, annoying.
I hope some of these issues can be fixed through programs or modifications, but some of them certainly cannot. Hopefully iOS4 fixes the majority of these issues.
Last edited by muyoso; 07-08-2010 at 05:04 PM.
07-08-2010 03:17 PM
More than likely I'll be waiting a few days after the new iOS release before I install it. I'm happy with the iPad as it is so I'm not in a rush to improve it.
Personally the only things troubling me are the annoying WIFI and the fact that exchanging MY pictures via SD is forbidden.
I just love this computer...
Not white, not black just passionate shades of grey...
Yuno Wataï Minh
1) The brightness is way too high on the lowest setting
2) Enable the 'upload' button in Safari so I can upload my artwork and photos here and in Facebook
3) iOS 4
4) Camera for Skype and Facetime (I'll buy an accessory, Apple!)
What is most annoying about the ipad is that it is right on the verge of being almost the perfect device, but apple's closed architecture leaves it wanting. If iTunes was cloud based, the bluetooth stack wasn't gimped by apple to begin with, a certain section of the file system was accessible to apps and the video player was able to handle all formats, this device would be unstoppable. Sadly, Apple intentionally cripples their devices so t hat you are forced to use iTunes and use their accessories.
The ability to open it up and add a larger SSD drive
Guarantee that will never happen with the pads, pods or phones.
Originally Posted by Saundman
my hands around it... really now hurry up and get here!
Idk, I was looking at the teardown of the iPad wifi models on ifixit, and there is an empty space where the 3g radio goes. It would be awesome to somehow shove a thumbdrive or something in there and solder it to the PCB. Its not gonna happen and even if it did no one would risk messing up their ipad, but we can dream can't we?
Originally Posted by RobotRock
1) Long boot times
2) Annoying Flash ads
3) The need for virus "protection" software
4) Don't have to lug around the weight of a keyboard
5) Bloated OS
6) Having to drive to a store to buy software
Just a few off the top of my head...
iPad 1st Gen 16G
By SweetPoison in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 07-05-2010, 08:32 AM
By poshpantspaddy in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
By jwdave in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
By superdudeo in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 06-03-2010, 09:09 AM
By iBean in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 03-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Search tags for this page
what is missing from the ipad 1
Click on a term to search for related topics.