Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Tethering to my Android phone?

This is a discussion on Tethering to my Android phone? within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Can I tether my Ipad to my HTC Incredible phone instead of buying the 3G network for surfing the net? If so...how? Thanks...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    3134
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    170

    Tethering to my Android phone?

    Can I tether my Ipad to my HTC Incredible phone instead of buying the 3G network for surfing the net? If so...how? Thanks

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Banned
    Member #
    2303
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    R.I.
    Posts
    249
    Yes you should be able to if it's the native android tethering. It under settings, wireless controls, portable hotspot, I use it on my nexus one. I'm not to sure if the incredible has 2.2 yet with is the requirement for the native tethering. If not there are ways to do it but you have to pay. I'm sure when the new droids come out the incredible should receive 2.2 if your not already on it.

  4. #3
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    7520
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10
    Hivoltage,

    You can root your phone and download the wireless tether for root users in the Android market. You can try these forums for information about rooting. Make sure you read all of the information carefully. I rooted my HTC Hero so I can tether my iPad.

    Good luck!

    androidforums dot com/htc-incredible

    forum.xda-developers dot com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

  5. #4
    iPad Master!
    Member #
    2051
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,352
    By all means do it..... tons of folks here do, I do with my iPhone.....

    If you just need 3G for occasional use, I think it's the only way to go. If I was going to need 3G 2 hours a day or something, I would have got the 3G pad.....
    Bremen Cole
    iPad 1st Gen 16G

  6. #5
    iPad Master!
    Member #
    1558
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    636
    Our work is taking our iPhones away and issuing Droids and even switching carriers to Verizon is it possible to root the droids?

  7. #6
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    3134
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzxdjx View Post
    Yes you should be able to if it's the native android tethering. It under settings, wireless controls, portable hotspot, I use it on my nexus one. I'm not to sure if the incredible has 2.2 yet with is the requirement for the native tethering. If not there are ways to do it but you have to pay. I'm sure when the new droids come out the incredible should receive 2.2 if your not already on it.
    This is in the phone or the Ipad? I just seen that a 2.2 update is on the war for my Incredible.
    Last edited by Hivoltage; 07-03-2010 at 10:25 AM.

  8. #7
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    6018
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    Our work is taking our iPhones away and issuing Droids and even switching carriers to Verizon is it possible to root the droids?
    Try scrolling back two posts before yours.

  9. #8
    iPad Master!
    Member #
    1558
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    Our work is taking our iPhones away and issuing Droids and even switching carriers to Verizon is it possible to root the droids?
    Try scrolling back two posts before yours.
    I found another thread that states Verizon somehow doesn't let rooting work on phone over their network. I dont know how that is since i've seen Sprint phones rooted and working while roaming in a Verizon network.

  10. #9
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    7453
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    Our work is taking our iPhones away and issuing Droids and even switching carriers to Verizon is it possible to root the droids?
    Try scrolling back two posts before yours.
    I found another thread that states Verizon somehow doesn't let rooting work on phone over their network. I dont know how that is since i've seen Sprint phones rooted and working while roaming in a Verizon network.
    It works. Version 2.2 of Android is where rooting is going to get difficult, but 2.1 works without a problem at all.

  11. #10
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    4085
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    20
    I have 2.2 on my Droid now and for some reason I can't get the Wireless Tether for Root Users to work. It looks and acts as if it is connected to my iPad, however I can't get online with it. I checked with my computer and it connects and appears to have an internet connection too but it doesn't connect. O'Well. Can't wait till it is figured out. Would be awesome to be able to use my iPad where ever I wanted through the tether.
    iPad 1st Gen 64G WIFI


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone to iPad Tethering a No Go
    By iDan in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:18 AM
  2. Tethering TO an iPad 3G
    By EdD in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 03:29 AM
  3. iPad Tethering
    By asmny in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 03:07 PM
  4. new iphone os will have tethering but!
    By mrdinh in forum iPad Carriers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 08:52 PM

Search tags for this page

can i tether an apple ipad to an andriod smartphone
,

can i tether my ipad to my android phone

,
can i tether my ipad to my phone
,
how can i tether my ipad to my cell phone
,
tether ipad retina to android htc
,
tether ipad to android phone
,
tether lg add g3 to ipad
,
tether my ipad to my android phone
Click on a term to search for related topics.