I spent hours on Google looking for the mysterious portal that would give me iPad access to library eBook downloads. I should have called the library first! Here's the key:
I had already checked out a title and downloaded it to my computer. No problem. I downloaded again straight to my iPad. There was no need to sync, transfer, or anything. This is good. I am a Windows user and iTunes is enough to blow my gaskets. It doesn't match any instructions I find for transfering things, and I switch randomly between desktop and laptop and the iPad only wants to talk to one... I freely admit, I HATE ITUNES! This so simple, whatever your "home" platform, the Overdrive app makes life simple.
- Download the free Overdrive App.
- For ePubs with DRM protection (most anything in your library catalog), you'll need an Adobe ID. Authorize the Overdrive App to access your Adobe library.
- Poke around until you find the link to Find Your Library. If you've made it to this Forum post, you'll find your way.
- Log in with your library ID.
- If you have already used this interface on your computer, it will look familiar. If not, you'll figure it out.
- Download your selected material.
- Randomly poke around until you figure out how to open the book. It's not obvious, but again, if you are reading this, you can do it.