After having been the owner of a top-of-the-line iPad-2, I've decide to sell it because of the too many limitations it had in favour of an Android tablet (eee Pad Transformer).
Since I don't want to start a war, I'm just going to highlight what I liked more in the iPad.
If you want to know what I like more in my current tablet, and why I ain't going to change it despite its minuses, just message me or post a request here (after all I'm still an iPad owner, it's just for sale in a sort-of shop).
- iPad has a sleeker, slender, sort of flashing design; althoug it's a matter of taste, I felt it a bit more handy than the Transformer
- iPad has a better build, with a few smart ideas (like magnets for switching off/on and attaching/detaching cover)
- iOS is more roboust: I never experienced a crash or a fault, although I read of other users whom this happened - but I stayed well clear off of those apps that were reportedly causing such crashes/freezes
- there is a wider choice of accessories available in shops, whereas for the Transformer I have to resort more to eBay and inet in general
- screen animation is extremely fluid and snappy, whereas Transformer has some small lag here and there
- cleaner, consistent interface (sometime even way too clean, though)
- so far, Osmos and Geometry War are only available on Apple
- on iPad, Skype supports videocall whereas on the Transformer not yet (although support is being extended to new tablets on a constant basis)
- iPad has plenty of stylish (although to me a bit useless) applications that make surfing/socializing/keeping in touch and so on a very pleasant experience
- iPad (the model I used) had 64 gigs, whereas usually Android tablets only come with maximum 32 gigs, and mine is "only" 16 gigs
That's it. I hope nobody took offence
PS: in a nutshell, the reason why I jumped the boat is that I think that a device must adapt to me and my way of working and not the other way round, especially if the device is so expensive
PS2: for those of you who are keen on bikes, I think iPad is to other tables what HD V-Rod is to other bikes - had a V-Rod too, and sold it too