Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

The Apple Retail Experience

This is a discussion on The Apple Retail Experience within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I was in the Apple retail store in Durham, N.C. the other day because my iPad has crashed. While there, I noted a strange phenomenon: ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    75613
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ashburn Va.
    Posts
    2

    The Apple Retail Experience

    I was in the Apple retail store in Durham, N.C. the other day because my iPad has crashed. While there, I noted a strange phenomenon: about two dozen people milling around the "Genius Bar" at the back of the store, which I joined in a futile attempt to talk to one of the geniuses. People were holding iPads, iPhones, and computers. If I had been a customer looking to buy an Apple product, I might have asked a salesperson about the reason for all those people at the back of the store. The salesperson would have had to answer, "They are waiting to see technicians because they have had problems with the products they purchased in this store."

    Does anyone else find that odd?

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    62766
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    79
    Not really, because in my experience the problems are usually software related- i.e. "how do I do this?" rather than hardware related.

    Quite possibly just my timing however. Especially since I have to travel 230 miles to get to an Apple store & I tend to go in the middle of the week.
    Beyond here, there be dragons.

  4. #3
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    74978
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by tbowers View Post
    The salesperson would have had to answer, "They are waiting to see technicians because they have had problems with the products they purchased in this store."

    Does anyone else find that odd?
    But is that much different than going to a car dealership and talking to a sales person when you see people and their cars around back and the sales person telling you "they bought their car here and now its back for service"

  5. #4
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    59631
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    372
    If you spend any time in the apple store you'll quickly find that it's like hanging around a coffee shop. Many people looking for things to add, buy and LEARN.
    BL

  6. #5
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    30664
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lake worth fl
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimjo
    Not really, because in my experience the problems are usually software related- i.e. "how do I do this?" rather than hardware related.

    Quite possibly just my timing however. Especially since I have to travel 230 miles to get to an Apple store & I tend to go in the middle of the week.
    Jesus! 230 miles. That's insane. I would buy a windows.lol

  7. #6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    62766
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by 32gb3gwifialicious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimjo
    Not really, because in my experience the problems are usually software related- i.e. "how do I do this?" rather than hardware related.

    Quite possibly just my timing however. Especially since I have to travel 230 miles to get to an Apple store & I tend to go in the middle of the week.
    Jesus! 230 miles. That's insane. I would buy a windows.lol
    Yeah, that's why they invented internet shopping.
    Beyond here, there be dragons.

  8. #7
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1583
    Liked
    52 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,522
    Tell me where would you find a free advise and assistance on a windows machine? The Genius Bar was named that because it was pure genius for Apple to come up with it. Most stores I have been in, will be packed with people that either made appointments or are hoping for a free moment with the Genius Bar. Part of the reason why it is so popular, is that they do not just rush you through in the usual 'drop it off and we'll get to it when we can' attitude. They listen to your problem, run a diagnostic with you and make recommendations. They usually do not try to sell you a product. My wife took her G4 iBook in a couple years ago for a sluggish operation. He cleaned up the drive and programing, did a couple updates and then suggested she might consider adding RAM to improve the performance. This is why people are so inamoured with Apple.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 12:16 PM
  2. Apple's 'Retail 2.0' overhaul launches first in Australia
    By col.bris in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 02:38 PM
  3. Retail inventory improve yet?
    By Ravynmagi in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 03:10 AM
  4. iPad2 64gb 3g selling for $406 over retail...
    By Tarkio in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 07:09 PM
  5. Apple's retail arm aids Japanese employees after earthquake
    By xune in forum User News Submissions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 12:56 AM

Search tags for this page

apple genius bar durham

,

apple genius bar durham north carolina

,

does the apple store in durham nc offer training for ipad owners

,

durham store

,

genius bar durham nc

Click on a term to search for related topics.