- I've been a PC user for some 20 years approx .
- This is my first week with an iPad.
- Here is what I see as the positives and challenges. I'm sure this is a limited view, but that is what this post is about
- It would be great IF someone posts the positives I've missed and how I can avoid negatives
- Light weight
- Good display + clarity + low glare - highlighted by iPad specific apps. probably Ipad specific apps enhance viewing pleasure in some areas - interactive graphs, video etc.
- Long battery life [longer than most PCs]
- Keyboard - No arrows, No fifth row on top, ...many more problems with the standard keyboard. Most special kepboards are only IF you jail beak
- Can't use open office [files gone], can't use most free software (a big negative ??), can't use more standard browsers [bookmarks, history gone...]
- Native safari browser on IPad - below par
- Anything meaningful seems to need an app - (a) could be costly, (b) could be uncertain as most apps don't seem to have refund policies
- Limited pop e mail support - space limitations while trying to use the E mail app (default app at that comes with Ipad)
- Don't know how to move files from PC to Ipad
- Haven't seen good virus checkers so far
- Can't see easy ways to connect an USB (without more hardware)
- Camera is so ..so
- Speakers are / audio is so .. so [well a little better than so .. so .. !]
- Rather costly for the overall facilities
what next ... ?
- Learn more ... spend more time ?, spend more money ?
- Jailbreak IF and when possible ?
- IF there exists a way out, move to windows based tablets ?
- Probably I'm too old !! ;-)
- Probably I don't have the time and energy to learn more !! ??
- I'm also amazed that M$ and Windows based manufacturers have not come in charging with good windows based tablets to cater to the users who think the windows way (files, free software, gadgets etc...)
TIA for all your comments