Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Who will be the Future Direction? Android or Apple?

This is a discussion on Who will be the Future Direction? Android or Apple? within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Well, you can look at Android as one OS, or as a dozen hardware vendors, but from the standpoint of Apple's bottom line, if they ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 34 of 34
  1. #31
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    7488
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    189
    Well, you can look at Android as one OS, or as a dozen hardware vendors, but from the standpoint of Apple's bottom line, if they end up like they are in smartphones (about 25% market share), it really doesn't matter what the makeup of the other 75% is.

  2. Ads


  3. #32
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    29813
    Liked
    21 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by kierandill
    Well, you can look at Android as one OS, or as a dozen hardware vendors, but from the standpoint of Apple's bottom line, if they end up like they are in smartphones (about 25% market share), it really doesn't matter what the makeup of the other 75% is.
    25% market share from a single vendor, that's quite an edge on the market. Apple, Samsung or HP, does not matter... That why I think the android market share should not be considered but vendor market share tells the whole truth about the dominance.

    Thinking about it, if each vendor had it's own OS for their device, we would not talk about this the same way. Google was smart when releasing Android for everybody to use, as it became obvious that vendors would turn to an available "free" OS instead of developing their own. And let's remember that Android exists because Linux was available and free. So market share could also be counted as Linux shares vs IOS vs Windows... But I prefer the vendor point of view as it gives a good hint about the product value from the vendor.

    VicoPad addict!
    iPhone 4S 16Gigs 5.01
    iPad 1 16 Gigs Wifi 5.01
    Canada / Rogers

  4. #33
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    17954
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    878
    While I'm not sure if I would get an iPhone, I'm positive I don't want an android tablet. I like using iTunes to back up my apps, the selection of apps blows android away and they will never catch up. The reason I say that is that people who use android are about as tight as it comes with giving up a few dollars for an app.

    Angry Birds for example is free on android but it does come with ads. There are apps to block the ads. Eventually people will get wise to this and not want to pay for ads that won't be seen.

    I love the iPad. I'll never got an android pad. But on the other hand I love my android phone. Unless iPhone comes with navigation then I'm not interested.

  5. #34
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    29813
    Liked
    21 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill
    While I'm not sure if I would get an iPhone, I'm positive I don't want an android tablet. I like using iTunes to back up my apps, the selection of apps blows android away and they will never catch up. The reason I say that is that people who use android are about as tight as it comes with giving up a few dollars for an app.

    Angry Birds for example is free on android but it does come with ads. There are apps to block the ads. Eventually people will get wise to this and not want to pay for ads that won't be seen.

    I love the iPad. I'll never got an android pad. But on the other hand I love my android phone. Unless iPhone comes with navigation then I'm not interested.
    Out of curiosity, why do you consider the iPhone not providing navigation? I use it all the time (map quest)

    VicoPad addict!
    iPhone 4S 16Gigs 5.01
    iPad 1 16 Gigs Wifi 5.01
    Canada / Rogers


+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 11:22 PM
  2. Need help getting pointed in right direction IPad 1
    By mrksbrd in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 05:00 AM
  3. Apple's method of designing products for the future
    By y2kgtp in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 03:51 PM
  4. Looking for some direction
    By waynefulcher in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
  5. Back to the future - The early years of Apple
    By col.bris in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 05:55 PM

Search tags for this page

android vs apple future

,

android vs ipad aviation

,
android vs ipad for aviation
,
apple vs android future
,
future android vs apple
,
future direction of apple
,

future direction of ipad

,
future for apple vs android
,
the future android or apple
,
the future direction of the ipad
,
the future of android vs apple
,
will android beat apple in the future
Click on a term to search for related topics.