Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Does ipad1 have a microphone?

This is a discussion on Does ipad1 have a microphone? within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I wasn't sure but I don't think so...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    49539
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    79

    Does ipad1 have a microphone?

    I wasn't sure but I don't think so

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    12657
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Area DM51
    Posts
    669
    Yes, it does. The only reason I know is because I use Skype on it and it works fine. I can see the other person if they have a webcam, but obviously they can't see me.

  4. #3
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    49539
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by DM51
    Yes, it does. The only reason I know is because I use Skype on it and it works fine. I can see the other person if they have a webcam, but obviously they can't see me.
    Where is it?

  5. #4
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Bribrianna View Post
    I wasn't sure but I don't think so
    Absolutely it does. It's the very small hole next to the socket where you plug a headset in to the iPad. If you've got an app, like Notes Plus, you can record audio - say lectures or lessons - while you're making handwritten notes on the iPad.

    And, as DM51 says, Skype works just fine on the iPad - with the iPad1 you've no video camera, so the other end of the link can't see you - with the iPad2 they can both see and hear you.

    Tim

  6. #5
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    42186
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN

    Absolutely it does. It's the very small hole next to the socket where you plug a headset in to the iPad. If you've got an app, like Notes Plus, you can record audio - say lectures or lessons - while you're making handwritten notes on the iPad.

    And, as DM51 says, Skype works just fine on the iPad - with the iPad1 you've no video camera, so the other end of the link can't see you - with the iPad2 they can both see and hear you.

    Tim
    the good thing with that is that you can pull faces etc without the other party knowing

  7. #6
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    12657
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Area DM51
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Wytey View Post
    the good thing with that is that you can pull faces etc without the other party knowing
    ... or still be lying in bed, or looking like a slob etc, when the other guy thinks you are smartly-dressed sitting in your office, lol

  8. #7
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    49539
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by DM51
    ... or still be lying in bed, or looking like a slob etc, when the other guy thinks you are smartly-dressed sitting in your office, lol.
    Is there an app for that? Is it good?

  9. #8
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    12657
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Area DM51
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Bribrianna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DM51
    ... or still be lying in bed, or looking like a slob etc, when the other guy thinks you are smartly-dressed sitting in your office, lol.
    Is there an app for that? Is it good?
    An app to make you look like a slob? I don't think so. For some people, it just comes naturally, lol.

  10. #9
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    49539
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by DM51
    An app to make you look like a slob? I don't think so. For some people, it just comes naturally, lol.
    Oops! Ment to say an app for Skype!

  11. #10
    iPF Expert
    Member #
    33508
    Liked
    244 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somerset-UK
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Bribrianna

    Oops! Ment to say an app for Skype!
    Yup!

    from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app
    Macbook Air 13" IPad 3 32GB wifi, iphone 5 32gb, 2x iphone 4, iPhone 3GS 32GB , ipad 1 32GB ,2x iPod touch 2G, BT keyboard

    All for One and One for All!!!

    From Somerset UK


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Bad Microphone
    By ChuckinSC in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 08:21 AM
  2. iPad 1 microphone
    By Salinda in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 04:52 PM
  3. Microphone Bandwidth
    By farmerandy7481 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 10:25 AM
  4. Microphone?
    By DontUnderstandMyIpad in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 08:55 PM
  5. Microphone
    By tfisher in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 01:11 AM

Search tags for this page

do ipad 1 have microphone
,

does ipad 1 have a mic

,

does ipad 1 have a microphone

,

does ipad 1 have microphone

,

does the ipad 1 have a mic

,

does the ipad 1 have a microphone

,

ipad 1 microphone

,
ipad 1 microphone location
Click on a term to search for related topics.