Observations after two days w/ 3G
This is a discussion on Observations after two days w/ 3G within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; 1. Now that I have had my iPad for two days I realize that I really want multitasking of third party apps. Thank goodness apple ...
05-02-2010 11:06 AM
I noticed that 250mb of data isn't very much. Glad I bought the unlimited plan.
That holding it requires some getting use to, but not bad once you get it.
Going to Starbucks with it becomes a question and answer session rather than a cup of coffee and a good read.
Using the iPhone as a hotspot has doubled the usefulness at half the price.
I don't need a net book anymore (sold two of them)
Who new I loved comics so much
I really find myself using this for my business (a lot more than I imagined)
iWorks really is a good office suit (although it does have its limitations)
AirVideo, Good Reader, Connect, Early Edition, MLB, iWorks are must have apps.
There are WAY too many case choices.
BT keyboard is a must for any prolonged typing.
Portrait keyboard is fast once you get use to it.
I should have bought Apple stock in the 80's.
Internal | External | Helical | Spur | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Worm
1) I don't really miss the multitasking, but I wish the safari browser had tabs. Going back to that other screen is a pain.
2) I don't mind not having the camera, although I think I should have bought the camera kit.
3) I don't have a problem positioning it. This morning while eat breakfast, I rolled up a hand towel and propped it up on that.
4) I bought a cheap neoprene case from Amazon. It's ok, but I am looking for something better.
5) The included cable is extremely short. Monoprice.com has 6 foot cords for $1.58. I will probably buy one of those.
6) Were going to look back to the wait with fond memories I'm sure.
7) Any kind of fall scares me! I want to get one of those cases that fit's snuggly around the iPad. I like the otterbox cases they have for iPhones, but they won't be out for iPad until the summer
8) Sharing with the kids is a hassle. I should never installed games
I am really happy with the iPad so far.
No issue with positioning, got the Apple case, like that it makes a triangle, almost the perfect position on my lap. Or, with my legs crossed the cover is heavy enough when folded over my knee it stays in position. Typing is difficult, but I'm still getting used to it. Definitely geared to short messages rather than long replies. The cover is good, but still scared of scratching the surface, so i've ordered a Zagg screen protector.
I have to respectfully disagree with you guys on the typing, I take all my school notes on it, which equates to about 4-5 pages double spaced per 3 hour class. I do it all using the Apple case, and I have no problems. I understand you guys got the 3G and have only had it a couple days, but give the keyboard time, you'll get used to it. I now type at about 80% of the speed that I do on a regular keyboard, fine by me.
Originally Posted by Superbike81
Ditto. It took some practice, but I'm almost as fast as a physical keyboard. Still output the same old drivel, though.
Thanks for the tip. Just bought the 6ft cable from mono price total cost was under $4.00
My favorite animal is steak.
- Feels heavier that I thought it would - but not an issue
- Bought the Square Trade warranty - on sales for $96. It covers drops, cracks and spill damage for 2 years!!!
- Really like the Apple case - if I go with another I may just go with a similar case - like how it stands up.
- Someone let me know when you've worked with ZAG - I'm curious how it fits and feels.
- Typing isn't an issue - no real problem with it.
- I am far more impressed with this than I thought I would be.
Most probably tapped on my iPad!
Re: ZAG - before you take that leap do some research online. Most folks find that the Zag products are too tacky feeling to slide your finger across the screen easily.
I highly suggest PhantomSkinz products. I've had one on my Pre for months and it's fantastic. I had the PS installed at BestBuy, where they sell ZAG products and the installer commented that the PS was a much nicer product. Cheaper too.
By swelson in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 04-27-2010, 08:33 PM
By 4phun in forum iPad App Announcements
Last Post: 04-14-2010, 06:19 AM
By iJake in forum iPad Apps
Last Post: 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
By iDan in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 02-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Search tags for this page
autocaps on zagg keyboard
ipad craigslist pinch and zoom
ipad handle grip used by clayton morris on fox and friends
ipad hard to hold onto
reviews zagmate ipad 3 screen protector
zags screen protector for i-pad 3 how long is the wait after install
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Tags for this Thread