1. Put your most used App on the DocK ( the 6 iCons at the Button)
2. Put the most used applications on the Home Screen ( the 1st one after search). A Single Click on the Home Bottom will bring you there.
3. Leave the Screen after the Home Screen Empty (except some Folder with something in it). That is the folder a new application will be downloaded into. So you can find it easily.
4. Make a one page PDF with a title "Reading " and put it to thr right of the current book or magazine you are currently reading in iBook.
5. Put a reminder on you Calender, for 2 weeks before your credit card expires ( th one used for AppStore)
6. Make it a habit to charge the iPAD every night. No limit for that (Charging 5 times with 20% each time is still considered by Apple as a single charge cycle )
7. Clean all open Applications (click twice Home) at least every 3 days.
8. Reset the iPAD once every month.
9. Make your PDF shelf on iBook - Clean. That way you will always find the new PDF files (Magazines) you load into your iPAD. Once it's there - Move it to the target new Shelf.
10. On iTunes. The only automatic Sync is the Application. Un-Check the rest. you can always Sync Manually.
11. You must have at least one more PC with the same iTunes Account, to be synced with your iPAD. That is your most important backup.
Have more practical tips - will be glad to learn.