I got some question you guys may have had over a 1000 times, but I want something clear about importing an iPad 2 and iPod Touch.
In the month May i am going to New York for vacation and i would like to buy the iPad2 and iPod Touch there because of the prices.
US price: 500 Dollars (375 euros)
European price: 500 Euros (705 us dollars)
iPod Touch (latest version)
us price: 300 dollars ( 205 us dollar)
European price: 300 euros (425 us dollars)
This is absolutely insane. Such high prices.
So now the point is, shall i buy it in NY and take it home.
I would like to know the following thins:
1) The power adapter in the US is different then in Europe, Can i buy a 'European adapter' so i can power it in Europe?
2) How is it about the software. Can i still update my iPad or iPod even when i am in Europe? Isn't it regio-bound? Like for example the PS3 who i can buy in the US but doesn't work in Europe.
3) Is it really that simple that i walk in the BestBuy store and buy an iPad 2 or do I have to pay other taxes? I heard about city-taxes or something?
4) I can import (take with me to the Netherlands) for around 850 euro's. Is it recommended to leave the packages of the iPod and iPad behind in NY? I also would like to buy some clothes and caps, but i don't take a lot of cloth with me to NY so i can buy the clothes there and wear them during my vacation, that wont be a problem to leave the tickets and cards of the clothes behind right?
5) Are there other imprtent things i forget at this moment?
Hope you guys can help me, and thank you very much!