Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

HDMI/VGA Display-Apps On First Gen iPad (No Jailbreak).

This is a discussion on HDMI/VGA Display-Apps On First Gen iPad (No Jailbreak). within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by addiosamigo Originally Posted by Demandarin If u jailbreak and get displayout app from Cydia, "All" apps will mirror no matter which connection ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HDMI/VGA Display-Apps On First Gen iPad (No Jailbreak).

  1. #11
    Banned
    Member #
    10565
    Liked
    21 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by addiosamigo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demandarin View Post
    If u jailbreak and get displayout app from Cydia, "All" apps will mirror no matter which connection you use ;-) love it
    have you used the new HDMI connector?? please say yes?
    Actually, I haven't but assumed it will work the same with display out. I'm sure a lot of jail broken iPad owners would love to know. All I have is the composite cables as i still have an older projection 50-60 somEthing In. Big screen :-( lol no hdmi plugs on it. Plan to get new l.e.d or plasma screen soon though.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    7875
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Antelope, OR
    Posts
    824
    Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. However...

    I'd like for this to be a "for sure" thread. Little to no guesses, if possible. That's why I suggested in my original post that if you KNOW of apps that will video out or mirror using the First Gen iPad and VGA or HDMI adapter, to mention them here.

    And preferably without jail breaking. Because it's generally understood you can do a LOT more with a jail broken device or with an iPad 2, and the vast majority of folks have neither, I was hoping this thread will become a resource for the rest of us who have "ordinary" First Gen iPads using the adapters. I'd hate to have folks who are new to iPads, particularly First Gen, to read this thread, excited about what they could do with their iPad, only to discover a lot of jail breaking discussion, which may turn them off from checking back in to see if more apps made the list. Not everyone is into jail breaking, even if there are benefits to be had, because people aren't so inclined, they don't want to take the time or they want a zero-trouble, zero-risk experience with their iPad.

    Maybe a separate thread for Jailbroken iPads would suffice?

    I will talk to the mods about changing the thread title to say "not jail broken". I also want to see if I can maintain an ongoing list with update dates in the first post, that way folks won't be forced to read through the whole thread to find the goodies, and keep the rest of the thread open for input and discussion.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

  4. #13
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    7875
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Antelope, OR
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by emm
    Hey Michael, That's wonderful news that iPad 1 will mirror on some apps with VGA. Would you check if any iBooks will mirror, or separate magazine apps such as Macworld or Esquire.

    thanks
    Let me check into that and get back to you.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

  5. #14
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    772
    Liked
    6 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Montréal Québec
    Posts
    1,932
    Many of the items mentioned by the OP can be displayed through HDMI with AirPlay and AppleTV. Netflix, MLB, YouTube, pictures, video, films and Internet TV, just to name a few...
    Not white, not black just passionate shades of grey...

    Yuno Wataï Minh

  6. #15
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    7875
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Antelope, OR
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan
    Many of the items mentioned by the OP can be displayed through HDMI with AirPlay and AppleTV. Netflix, MLB, YouTube, pictures, video, films and Internet TV, just to name a few...
    Yep. But this is purely about just the iPad and the adapters. As simple as it gets. Mostly for newbies and people looking to try some video out/mirroring with those adapters. AirPlay and AppleTV still requires a little networking configuration or setting up that goes beyond ordinary cable-out, which may either be of no interest or overwhelming to folks who just want to cable-out their apps.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

  7. #16
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    772
    Liked
    6 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Montréal Québec
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmedic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan
    Many of the items mentioned by the OP can be displayed through HDMI with AirPlay and AppleTV. Netflix, MLB, YouTube, pictures, video, films and Internet TV, just to name a few...
    Yep. But this is purely about just the iPad and the adapters. As simple as it gets. Mostly for newbies and people looking to try some video out/mirroring with those adapters. AirPlay and AppleTV still requires a little networking configuration or setting up that goes beyond ordinary cable-out, which may either be of no interest or overwhelming to folks who just want to cable-out their apps.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF
    I agree but to me being wireless beats wires every time. Will you be getting the Hdmi out for your iPad 2? Will you still have the iPad 1 then? I think you guessed my next question...
    Not white, not black just passionate shades of grey...

    Yuno Wataï Minh

  8. #17
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    7875
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Antelope, OR
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan
    I agree but to me being wireless beats wires every time. Will you be getting the Hdmi out for your iPad 2? Will you still have the iPad 1 then? I think you guessed my next question...
    I totally agree with you that wireless beats wired every time and I take advantage of it.

    Actually, YES, in answer to both of your questions.

    Not every building or house I go to with my iPad has Wfi-Fi. Especially in places where I tend to give presentations. I live in a rural community in the mountains. We're not all wireless like folks in the city.

    Besides, this thread is about First Generation iPad using the adapters, not iPad 2. Or jaiilbreaking to achieve the desired results. My original post and the thread headline state that.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Last edited by Mtnmedic; 03-24-2011 at 06:51 PM.

  9. #18
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    772
    Liked
    6 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Montréal Québec
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmedic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan
    I agree but to me being wireless beats wires every time. Will you be getting the Hdmi out for your iPad 2? Will you still have the iPad 1 then? I think you guessed my next question...
    I totally agree with you that wireless beats wired every time and I take advantage of it.

    Actually, YES, in answer to both of your questions.

    Not every building or house I go to with my iPad has Wfi-Fi. Especially in places where I tend to give presentations. I live in a rural community in the mountains. We're not all wireless like folks in the city.

    Besides, this thread is about First Generation iPad using the adapters, not iPad 2. Or jaiilbreaking to achieve the desired results. My original post and the thread headline state that.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Good, then you can answer my third question. Will you be trying the Hdmi dongle with iPad 1?

    I for one am against jail breaking and would never resort to it. I'd rather rack my brain to find a legit solution or go without satisfaction.

    Anyway I'm quite sure that iPad 1 will not handle the Hdmi dongle because it may require stronger graphic capabilities it doesn't have but I'm okay with that... Until MacTablet!
    Not white, not black just passionate shades of grey...

    Yuno Wataï Minh

  10. #19
    Banned
    Member #
    10565
    Liked
    21 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    1,251
    Ok, ok..lol. No need to change title. We will eventually see all these same people coming into hacking section at one point or another in the lifetime of ownership of their iPad. Sheesh, people have some wrong stigma associated with jail braking. I hear/read of more problems/issues with non jail broken devices thn jail broken ones. Point taken though. We know us jail breakers are the outcasts of the community..don't hate..lol just kidding. I'll check my apps to see which ones allow display out as I have about 200 apps. I get what you saying. Less confusion for the noobs ;-)

  11. #20
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    7875
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Antelope, OR
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan
    Good, then you can answer my third question. Will you be trying the Hdmi dongle with iPad 1?

    I for one am against jail breaking and would never resort to it. I'd rather rack my brain to find a legit solution or go without satisfaction.

    Anyway I'm quite sure that iPad 1 will not handle the Hdmi dongle because it may require stronger graphic capabilities it doesn't have but I'm okay with that... Until MacTablet!
    Uh, that's what I've been doing...using the HDMI dongle with the iPad 1. My iPad 2 isn't even here and won't be here until the first week of April. I'm doing this little thread "project" as a service to owners of the iPad 1 who might want to explore cable-out options, like using the VGA adapter and the HDMI adapter.

    I'm happy to say the HDMI adapter works nicely with the iPad 1. Of course, much in the same was as the VGA adapter works: only specific apps which have been coded to output their video stream or mirror out to an external display.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. New HDMI Adapter turns iPad into a display monitor?
    By sum azn dood in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 08:43 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 06:41 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 06:16 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 07:45 PM
  5. Recommendation for some useful Jailbreak iPad Apps
    By nicho_m in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 11:07 PM

Search tags for this page

ipad 1 display out
,
ipad 1 hdmi apps
,
ipad 1 hdmi out apps
,
ipad 1 vga mirroring
,

ipad 1 video out

,
ipad 2 hdmi cable no jail brake
,
ipad1 app mirroring
,
video out on ipad 1
Click on a term to search for related topics.