Hello everyone, long time lurker decided to make an account. Let me start off buy saying im in the windows camp. And the Ipad was my first Apple product. Allthough i am a Systems Admin, and have used apple equipment in some manner for a long time. So i know allot about the company and their products.
On to my semi review
- Screen is much brighter than my Ipad 1 at the same settings(edit: more vibrant as well). But this could have been an issue with my Ipad 1 i never knew about.
- Safari is the exact same speed as on Ipad 1(patch update i presume)...except sites with heavy graphics. Then it kicks its ass.
- Apps like The Daily and Elements and John Stewart on Ipad 2 are HUGE improvement (these are the ones i put time into testing). No lag, no waiting...bam ready to rock.
- No typing lag....
- Speaker......blows ipad 1 out of the water. When layed on a flat surface it amplifies the volume. I got very frutrated with podcasts and netflix on Ipad 1 because most the time it was not loud enough. Im surprised this was kept quiet by apple, i was worried about it. Big win for me.
- The way they impliminted facetime is pretty cool, i didnt care about this feature. But now i realize i may actually like using it.
- Now to my biggest problem with the Ipad 1 Weight and how uncomfortable is to hold for long periods. The weight the Ipad 2 brings it down just enough do away with the issue. Of course that along with the MUCH easier to hold design. Make holding it with one hand a non issue.
Thats my thoughts on it so far. No complaints or regrets after about 2 hrs of use (except i should have waited). Imo its a huge step up, ipad 1 is going to ebay. I was worried i was buying into the hype and wasting my money. As my Ipad 1 is only three months old. But after using the Ipad 2...it makes the Ipad 1 look like a beta build, if you want to wait for Ipad 3 stay away from trying an Ipad 2, you'll want it. That my honest opinion.