Hi guys, first post here!
I'm purchasing an ipad2 when they arrive. i'm totally new to 'go-any where' internet, so i have a question or 3 please
1) I live in the Cardiff and South Wales region (uk). What provider gives the best and strongest 3g connection to this area, or how can i find this out? i'm more interested in a stable fast connection rather than the cheapest deal.
2) I'm pressuming different providers give better/stronger coverage in different parts of the country/UK. Is it feasable to get a micro-SIM from each provider and use this, together with their appropriate month's (or more) data plan, for wherever i might choose to travel to?
ie, if O2 is better near Manchester then i'll use my O2 micro-SIM and data plan whilst i'm up there, and if Orange gives better coverage when i then move on to London i switch over to my Orange micro-SIM and data plan then. see what i mean?
3) I travel abroad a lot. Then what happens?
4) If 4g happens to be on the books when ipad2 is released, what does this mean exactly? im not very familier with what 4g does.
5) Whichever pay as you go plan i choose from whichever operator, i pressume i'll always have free wi-fi at home with it? how does my ipad know whether to use 3g or wi-fi? does it automatically detect the signal and choose accordingly, or is it a manual thing i must do?
I like the current data plans from all providers which allow you to pay on a month to month bases with no ties. I ask these questions because i do travel around with business a few times a year.