What the ipad needs to really be cool?
This is a discussion on What the ipad needs to really be cool? within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Got ipads for the whole family now own up to 4, and while the ipad I like as I don't have to have on my ...
What the ipad needs to really be cool?
Got ipads for the whole family now own up to 4, and while the ipad I like as I don't have to have on my laptop as much which uses way more power.
I hope apple this year adds these things,
1. Run two apps at once for some things, like if I'm streaming video I want to see it and be able to browse the web. I know most apps would have to be redesigned for this to work or have video be able to play over an app.
2. More memory is a given, I'm jailbroken and I have available memory displaying and after 4 apps it's in the 20's. Ram is so cheap just make it a gig and call it a day.
3. Games that support some sort of apple controller, touch is cool for some games but racing, fighting, etc need a controller.
4. the abilty to save apps on sd or usb along with usb or sd ports, if apple can't do this within the next two years I'm out because I know android will. Very important for installing big games as why use up all that hard drive space.
5. Hdmi out is a must, knowing apple they don't want to do this.
6. Change the UI really this whole one icon for every app and folders just doesn't cut it. and one button for everything is annoying.
7. Real multi tasking so I don't have to relaunch an app every time not this hybrid kind of multitasking.
8. Speak to text for all apps, typing on a ipad is horrible enough said.
9. add a kickstand, please god this sheet of glass just slides off pillows.
10. Add a menu bar where you can just close apps and not have to click the home button a million times. Kinda like android but better.
11. Better screen and make it so when reading books it can some how not hurt the eyes so much when reading for an hour. I think reading on the ipad is going to cause me to lose my vision. Also if they do a higher res it will afftect current ipad apps and would just be more confusion.
12. Make a real browser not just an iphone browser. Should have to refresh a page just when I go back.
There are alot more things but these things are a must as android will probably support almost everything. Android sucks on tabs right now but don't think it will stay that way for ever.
01-03-2011 01:05 PM
all good ideas... I hope some day it will open and edit MS Office files.
Then they'd really have something.
Some good ideas, but for most of that I'm thinking you are going to be using Android in a couple of years.
Posted from my iPad WiFi 64GB
have you tried documentstogo?
Originally Posted by motrv8d
Fate is not by CHANCE but by CHOICE.
So if Apple does make your dream list come true, are you going to replace all 4 iPads with the new one?
My dream is to get some File system in here.
I just want do divorce the iTune.
Think before you Sync Since you may Sink
The More Tweaks you have - Less Memory is left
I'm pretty certain that you can do #1 right now. Multitasking was introduced with the last update.
#4 Android doesn't allow you to save your apps on the SD it allows you to move your apps to the SD, maybe that's what you meant. You can however delete an app that takes too much space after saving it on iTunes. But I get your point.
#7 Well forget #1, apparently you don't believe this is real multitasking.
#9 Purchase a stand and get a silicone cover. For now anyway, I do agree that handling the iPad without anything on it is like handling a wet fish.
#11 I'm fine with reading the text on the screen. Anything can improve though so I won't argue that it couldn't be better
#12 It's not so much that the browser is bad, it really isn't. What's disgusting to me is that Apple will not let you choose a default browser. Ypu can do it on an iMac, why not an iPad.
I don't know how I'll feel two years down the road about the iPad. I know that sometimes I still have to recover from sticker shock when I purchase an app because many times the apps on my Droid 2 in the Market are free (yes, some have advertising but there's an app for that too.) I know that since I got my iPad my battery on my Droid 2 went from lasting me 1 day to 2 days.
One other thing to. The Android Market does depend upon you watching out for your own self, I'm sure that most of you know by now a virus popped up on an app from China in there. Now I like the idea of the open Market but I also like to know that I don't have to spend an hour and a half researching an app just to see if it's safe to put on my tablet.
I also like the 9" screen. I don't think I want to go to 7" but we will see.
I too have noticed the battery life on my DX lasting longer than previous to when I got my iPad for Xmas. That is unless Im out and about and there isnt wifi available, then my rooted DX goes into Mifi mode and the battery disappears.
Originally Posted by hookbill
Ive been watching the news on upcoming Android tablets and im curious what CES will bring. Its got me wondering if I should have waited for a 10" Android tablet. But then I look at the apps for the iPad and it reminds me how awesome it is. IMO the apps make the iPad what it is. Also Im very impressed with the battery life.
The one thing I wish Apple would do like Google/Android is give us a window of time to refund/return an app. Android Market is down to 15 minute refund policy and a lot are complaining about that because it used to be 24 hours. I would be ecstatic with a 15 minute refund policy on iTunes.
#4 - Android does save and install apps directly to the SD card if you want it to. I'm running 2.2 (not rooted or anything), so maybe in earlier versions you can't. But mine does it automatically.
Originally Posted by hookbill
#7 - It's not real multi-tasking, it's not even half-assed multi-tasking in my opinion. I still can't load a YouTube video (which is TERRIBLY SLOW on the iPad) in the background, I have to sit there watching that little bar fill up millimeter by millimeter.
#11 - Me too, reading on the iPad isn't bad at all for me. At one point I had all of my textbooks on it, so I spent hours every day reading, never hurt my eyes. That crap about eye strain from screens and it will damage your vision is an old wives tale. Just like when your mom told you not to sit too close to the TV, it's all BS. Now there has been shown to be extra eye strain from a bright screen in a dark room, but no negative long term effects have been proven.
#11 - Just wanted to note that I plan on doing a LOT of studying and reading on my iPad! My hope is that the in the future it will be an amazing study aid for standardized tests and exams!
By chewan in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
Last Post: 08-16-2010, 07:54 AM
By Edlex in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
Last Post: 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM
By jules in forum iPad Apps
Last Post: 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Search tags for this page
how to make my ipad really cool
is ipad really cool
really cool ipad
what's cool about an ipad
whats cool for ipad
whats cool on an ipad
whats cool with a ipad
whats coolnabout the ipad
whats kuel about the ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.