Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Can't create a folder

This is a discussion on Can't create a folder within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; When I try to create a folder on the menu I do the following - hold an icon until it jiggles then drag it over ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    26118
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5

    Can't create a folder

    When I try to create a folder on the menu I do the following - hold an icon until it jiggles then drag it over another icon. Rather the creating a new folder it simply runs away from each other. I thought this was the correct procedure.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    7529
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    125
    Make sure you are running 4.2. It won't work with previous versions

  4. #3
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    12225
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    387
    There is also a bug if one of the icons is at he end of the row it will move instead of letting you create a folder. I suspect this slipped by Apple's QA because they rushed 4.2 out, with the onslaught of competition coming at them.
    Posted from my iPad WiFi 64GB

  5. #4
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    125619
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by iPadster View Post
    Make sure you are running 4.2. It won't work with previous versions
    Ok, so what does that mean "make sure you are running 4.2?" How do you know you have 4.2 running? Will I be able to fix this so I can create folders? Or did I get a dud from Apple?

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Loritap
    Ok, so what does that mean "make sure you are running 4.2?" How do you know you have 4.2 running? Will I be able to fix this so I can create folders? Or did I get a dud from Apple?
    Go to the settings App then General>About and scroll down to Version, next to that will be a number, what is the number? (should be something like 4.x.x or 5.x.x).

    The Archangel

  7. #6
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    125619
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1 View Post
    Go to the settings App then General>About and scroll down to Version, next to that will be a number, what is the number? (should be something like 4.x.x or 5.x.x).

    The Archangel
    I noticed that I have 3.2.2. I bought my iPad a month before iPad 2 came out. Do you know what version you're buying when you're purchasing it? I guess I want to know why I don't have a 4.x.x version? I thought all you had to worry about was the wifi, GBs, 3G, etc? Can I upgrade my iPad without buying a new one?

  8. #7
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Loritap

    I noticed that I have 3.2.2. I bought my iPad a month before iPad 2 came out. Do you know what version you're buying when you're purchasing it? I guess I want to know why I don't have a 4.x.x version? I thought all you had to worry about was the wifi, GBs, 3G, etc? Can I upgrade my iPad without buying a new one?
    There is no way of telling what version of iOS an iPad is running until you get it out of the box.

    You certainly can upgrade the iOS to the latest version.....and all for free. Connect it to your Mac/PC and click on the iPad name in the left hand pane of iTunes. The main iTunes window will then have a message saying something like "there is new software available for your iPad" all you then need to do is follow the onscreen instructions.

    The Archangel


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Folder
    By peterhui in forum iPad FAQ
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
  2. Create email folder for ipad
    By paulyeo11 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 12:21 AM
  3. Put several MP4 file into one folder
    By xin_li97 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 02:44 PM
  4. App with folder capacity?
    By gouletjo in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 12:34 AM
  5. Sub Folder in Videos
    By dsmithers in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Search tags for this page

can't create folders on ipad
,

cannot create folder ipad

,

cannot create folder on ipad

,
i can't create folders on my ipad
,
i can't make a folder in my ipad
,
ipad cannot add folder
,

ipad cannot create folders

,
why won't my ipad make folders
Click on a term to search for related topics.