Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Multi-Tasking This Summer

This is a discussion on Multi-Tasking This Summer within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Haha...I can tell we're all watching the same live coverage....

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    934
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    106
    Haha...I can tell we're all watching the same live coverage.

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    1491
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NW New Mexico
    Posts
    548
    Can't wait - spend $800 so that I can sit on the couch watching ads

  4. #23
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    1443
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    175
    That's the reason you pay for the app if you don't want to see the ads. Options are out there! And you only "watch" the ad if you click on it... otherwise it is an unobtrusive banner in your FREE app like they pretty much always have been. You only get the luxury of watching them if you click on it!

  5. #24
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1583
    Liked
    52 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,522
    The multitasking without major battery drain is great, but I found folders to be very intriguing.

  6. #25
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    1284
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by brobar View Post
    That's the reason you pay for the app if you don't want to see the ads. Options are out there! And you only "watch" the ad if you click on it... otherwise it is an unobtrusive banner in your FREE app like they pretty much always have been. You only get the luxury of watching them if you click on it!
    Seems like lite and ad supported versions are very scarce on the iPad....if devs don't want to have trial versions they need to instill a return policy....I'm not going to pay $13 for a game if I have never tried it.

  7. #26
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    1443
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    175
    I like the folders idea a lot! And am really looking forward to the multitasking. I'm gonna have to upgrade my 3G to the HD (or whatever they call it) so I can get multitasking... but I was planning on that anyways.

    Sux that we iPad users have to wait a few more months longer than the iPhone peeps for the OS release.

  8. #27
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    1443
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post
    Seems like lite and ad supported versions are very scarce on the iPad....if devs don't want to have trial versions they need to instill a return policy....I'm not going to pay $13 for a game if I have never tried it.
    Wow... I don't know if I've ever bought a Wii game or playstation game after "trying it" first and those things are $40-$50+ Not sure why the iPhone/iPad should be any different. You either trust the app stores reviews and take a chance... or you don't buy it. How many people would buy a game... beat it in the first day or so and then return it? Sometimes you gotta take a chance on apps or be that person always wondering.

    There are many devs that do a dumbed down, fewer stages in the game, etc... type app for free. Not all but many. I definitely don't see a return policy ever being implemented in the app store.

  9. #28
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    1284
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by brobar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post
    Seems like lite and ad supported versions are very scarce on the iPad....if devs don't want to have trial versions they need to instill a return policy....I'm not going to pay $13 for a game if I have never tried it.
    Wow... I don't know if I've ever bought a Wii game or playstation game after "trying it" first and those things are $40-$50+ Not sure why the iPhone/iPad should be any different. You either trust the app stores reviews and take a chance... or you don't buy it. How many people would buy a game... beat it in the first day or so and then return it? Sometimes you gotta take a chance on apps or be that person always wondering.

    There are many devs that do a dumbed down, fewer stages in the game, etc... type app for free. Not all but many. I definitely don't see a return policy ever being implemented in the app store.
    I have never bought a Wii or PS3 game without playing a demo or rental first. Never would. Most games for iPhone have demo versions. I have purchased many games after trying them on my iPod Touch.

  10. #29
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    1443
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    175
    Yea... I don't go to blockbuster or (who rents video games?) and rent games before buying them. I usually just look at the general interest from users out there and get a feel for the game based on their reviews. Otherwise games would cost that much more (the price of the game, plus the rental, plus the drive to the store, plus the time [and time is money]). I usually just trust the reviews, watch youtube videos of game play, listen to the generated buzz for a game and rarely do I get burned that way. I may miss out on a game or two... or be late to the party on a few games... but I feel I save time & money that way in the end. Different strokes for different folks though. If devs don't create a demo app in the app store... then they think they can get by while skipping out on try it before they buy it crowd.

  11. #30
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    2107
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post
    NOOOOO!!! iPad version isn't coming till fall!!! Evil!
    Ye. So for awhile the iphone will be better than the iPad. I don't understand why they didn't just give the iPad a full blown Mac os.

    I wonder if iLife will ever come out for the iPad.

    If this is supposed to be a revolutionary device, why is the iphone getting the update first?


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. its not multi tasking, but its goddang close
    By auspad in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 05:11 AM
  2. Multi-User Password Protection?
    By lp1968 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
  3. Multi-Touch Touch Grind Skating Game
    By iDan in forum iPad Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 11:04 AM